Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is it wrong that my sphynx gets preferred treatment?

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have always admired the spyhnx, but really thought that it was an unattainable dream. Well dreams do come true, and I now own my first sphynx! I adore her!! I find myself giving her preferred treatment over the furry cats! lol Today I boiled chicken for dinner and put some aside for Freya, served on a plate, away from the other cats! Yesterday, it was tuna, and today, I found myself buying chicken necks and livers....hmmmm, I wonder who those are for? :Laugh: Don't get me wrong, I do love my furry cats, but Freya is so special to me, she follows me around and sleeps snuggled up to me. I just want to dote on her!!

I think I need therapy:Surprise:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
lol im the same way...... totally normal im obsessed with my sphynx maggie!!!! they r so precious, I buy maggie more stuff than I do myself lol:Wink:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am the same way. I don't have any other cats but I dote on her ENDLESSLY. I constantly want to know where she is and what she is getting into. I'm head over heels obsessed. :Dizzy: I want another sphynx some day but I'm afraid if I will love it the same as my first and/or if the obsession will get worse. :Hysterical:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am the same way.
The sphynx love to sleep with me under the covers but the other cats do not.
Coco my 17.8 year old non sphynx has always been one of my favorite cats also.
I buy the sphynxs so much clothes lol.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am in the same situation, to the point where Kreacher(My Neked boy) will bully my other older furred cat Tigger. I feel bad that I give Kreacher more attention most of the time. At least once a day I try to have "mommy" time with Tigger. Kreacher definately does not like it, and he makes it known!!! But he can deal with me not being with him for 20 minutes or so. Also you can't help that fact that with the Sphynx personality they tend to stick to you a LOT more than a normal cat...kinda like a tumor lol. 2o minutes is more than enough mommy time for Tigger so it works out :)

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Whew! glad I am not alone!

nbolin~ you are so right about the furry ones not wanting as much time as the sphynx! Freya DEMANDS my time, while my furry guys could care less, I am merely their servant, lol.
PS I love the name Kreacher! (yep, HP fan here)

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Probably similar to what has been posted already:

Furry cats seem to be a lot more independent than a sphynx. I only have one sphynx and one furry cat, though. I'm not sure how it is in a house hold with multiples of both. It just seems my little Stella seeks more attention and is always nearby, where as my furry cat Izzy is being discreet or being "Peepin' Izzy" in the window. Both love the affection, and I make sure they both know they deserve lots of attention. But Stella is definitely my shadow. She's certainly momma's girl. Goes to sleep with me all cuddled up, follows me everywhere.. so precious and amazing. I'm always looking forward to returning home. Always makes the day better!

Olemam

Lairian
LOL, I've also thought so, whether one prefers the Sphynx does not automatically, because it called for more time.
Here it is, but even so, the search for the other cats not as the contact.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Woo::Dizzy::Dizzy:Well I have 4 Shynx and one Furry cat. Harley(little boy) is by far my baby followed by Oba(my big male)then Sambo(my furry boy). Cleo( my old Lady). and finally Nuba(the little woman). I see the pattern that I tend to be closest to the boy's Sphynx first followed by Furry(he is the most vocal though when he does want attention). The girls tend to migrate to my husband and daughter so I think it works out ok. But I must agree the Sphynx are spoiled!!!:Wink:

Back