Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is my girl pregnant?

rxqu33n

Lairian
Hi everyone! I was away on vacation for a few weeks and came back and noticed my girls nipples have a large ring around them and are getting slightly pink. Could this be a sign of pregnancy? She is unaltered as is my male.

Attachments

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi everyone! I was away on vacation for a few weeks and came back and noticed my girls nipples have a large ring around them and are getting slightly pink. Could this be a sign of pregnancy? She is unaltered as is my male.
How old is she?
@momdeeze can probably help.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
and my male is 7 months
Well, with both of them, not, being fixed.
She probably is. I would get her to the Vet.
Are they, kin to each other? I would have him Nutered asap.
If she happen' s to not be, I would have her spayed asap.
It's not healthy, for them, to go unfixed.

momdeeze

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Nipples usually turn bright pink at 20 days post breeding. Both cats are definitely old enough to breed. It sure looks like you might be having kittens in another 40 or so days. Typical gestation is around 63 days.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@rxqu33n , I can only suggest a vet trip to confirm and /or show the picture to your vet and follow their recommendations
Please keep us updated
Head smooches to your kitties sent

Kaitlyn Ramsay

Lairian
Yeah it really sounds like she pregnant :p The dogs in the colony I work with have symptoms just like that...

yolosphynx

Lairian
I mentioned this thread to my friend. His cat is 8 months old and has just started getting heat cycles (she's had one). She is scheduled to be fixed in a couple weeks but he said just last week she looks like this. It hasn't gotten worse or better just the same. Can someone tell me what the outcome was or knows what this is. He looked it up and it seems too exaggerated to be the first sign of pregnancy since it showed up overnight not gradually??

Attachments

sphynkles

Lairian
I mentioned this thread to my friend. His cat is 8 months old and has just started getting heat cycles (she's had one). She is scheduled to be fixed in a couple weeks but he said just last week she looks like this. It hasn't gotten worse or better just the same. Can someone tell me what the outcome was or knows what this is. He looked it up and it seems too exaggerated to be the first sign of pregnancy since it showed up overnight not gradually??
Do they have an unfixed male?

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@sphynkles this is an old thread and the member you responded to hasnt been on in almost a year :) just to give you the heads up that you aren't being ignored if you get no response :))

sphynkles

Lairian
@sphynkles this is an old thread and the member you responded to hasnt been on in almost a year :) just to give you the heads up that you aren't being ignored if you get no response :))
Woopsies! I didnt check the date the post was made! Haha