Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is my kitten developing freckles?

apete89

Lairian
I have a 6 month old tortie sphynx kitten, Lemon. Recently she has been developing little black "freckle" looking marks around her eyes and down her back. At first I thought she was just dirty, but after giving her a bath and trying to wipe them off with baby wipes they won't come off. Are these just freckles, or something to worry about?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Treasurecat

Banned
My tortie has changed color a lot since she was little. If its just pigment or color in the skin shes just fine, if its actually palpable, i.e., lumpy then m2m is probably right :)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My tortie has changed color a lot since she was little. If its just pigment or color in the skin shes just fine, if its actually palpable, i.e., lumpy then m2m is probably right :)
I agree with Treasurecats. Color can change with age and some cat develope freckles and sunspots. But on closer inspection if the freckles seem lumpy they could be blackheads. Please keep us posted. Good luck.

apete89

Lairian
Thanks for all your advice. They're definitely not bumpy, so they must just be freckles. She's in the sun sometimes, so maybe she developed freckles from the sun the way some humans do.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dinka started out with a lot of freckles but they are diminishing as he grows.:Smile: