Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is sphynxkittenbreeders.com legitimate?

jesseg

Lairian
I've only ever adopted from shelter, and I'm not sure how to tell if a breeder is legitimate and ethical on my own. I want to make sure if I'm going to buy I'm buying from healthy and safe breeders!

Anyone have experience with sphynxkittenbreeders.com? Their website looks very professional and they've been knowledgable via email, but they haven't answered any of my questions about HCM testing so far. I want to check with the community, because the seller's first language doesn't appear to be english, and I don't want to make any judgements because of a misunderstanding or mistranslation.

Thanks everyone!!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Their website host a video by YouTube channel Earth Mama Medicine

The video was published in July 13, 2018. I would like to know what their affiliation is because they do not give proper credit and I wonder if the YouTube even knows their video is being used.

If I were you I would be very stubborn about the HCM thing. Any responsible Sphynx breeder should be doing that. Otherwise it’s just breeding wildly nilly and you end up with a lot of heart-sick cats.

The price is WAY too low at $700-1000, especially if that includes delivery. I would say this makes it a safe bet they aren’t scanning for HCM at the very least.

Proceed with caution. I would do more research and ask more questions.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Staff member
They say on their site references are available. Why not ask for them?

Sheldon13

Staff member
Oh also, this post will probably be taken down soon. I’m not positive, which is why I answered you. The rule is actually to not mention breeders by name. But you put a website so I’m not sure if that counts...

Yoda mom

Staff member
@jesseg , per rules we cannot mention specific breeders in public area... however... we are more than happy to give our breeder recommendations to network in a PM... please do not hesitate to start a post asking for Breeder recommendations in your area. thre are so soo many creative scammers out there.