Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

is sunbathing inside ok for a sphynx?

Rens

Lairian
I tried searching the forums but didn't seem to find a clear answer.
but I also read some devided opinions about it.

Our girl loves to lay in front of the window, it's her fav spot, esp when the sun is out.
The vet I go to said they can't get sunburn trough windows, but I wanna be 100% sure :s
we tried to keep the curtains closed in the past, but she just goes under them ofcourse. she likes the warm sun too much! i would feel bad to take her fav spot away :'D

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I took a poll here, and 100% of the Sphynxies in this house agree that sunbathing in windows is wonderful and they wouldn’t have it any other way. And they also have never been sunburned.

Rachlp

Lairian
@Rens Our Donald tends to sunbake in the front huge RV windows and he has never been sunburned (and he is as pink as a sphynx can be) we tried stopping him in case also but he climbs right back up there and he gets so much relaxation and warmth from it we let it him do it, unless whilst driving.

I also asked the vet this question and she said it was absolutely fine and they could not get sunburned.

We hope that helps.

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
I also was very worried about this and used to try to stop Misty from sunbathing (indoor only girl). Then I gave up, as it’s her fav chill activity, and she has never been burned. I wonder about skin cancers down the line…

Back