Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is this typical of a male Sphynx

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I know males tend to be more rambunctious, but George can be outright CRAZY at times. He'll hop up on my lap and be all lovey, (rubbing on my face with kisses, purring) and then minutes later he's biting me. (rather hard) I think this is either playing or him trying to dominate me, but I truly don't know..... He's not like this with other cats. Really just me. He knows not to do it to Shawn. Is this typical of an 7.5 month old male Sphynx? I keep thinking that possibly a young playmate would help the situation and he'd play rough with them...

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had this same problem with Mo when he was around 5/6months old. He was really loving but had mad moments of biting me REALLY HARD! I used to get so upset sometimes with him and shut him in the hall on a few occassions and told him he couldn't come in untill he could behave!!! LOL. He did improve in time and when I got him Lola as a play mate when he was 7months, it stopped completley after that, they sometimes play ruff and tumble together. It may be something that he will stop doing as he matures but if you want another cat it may help!

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My boys are 10 months old & don't do that to me, but they do it to each other. It was worse a few months ago. Sleeping together....bam! Somebody bit the other & through the house they streak to go tumble it out!!:Dizzy:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My male does the same thing. He wraps his legs around my forearm and gives me lovebites. I do have to remind him to be gentle.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wrinkles does that and she just had surgery.
She has been making Cleo very mad.
Cleo used to be like that also.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Stella does it, too. She's just being playful. She loves to instigate trouble with Izzy as well. They like to rough house...or at least Stella does!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lemmy is also rowdy. He loves to bite and play with only me. He never does this to my husband. He runs through the house like a maniac most of the time!! I am hoping that as he gets older he will calm down a bit. He is about 9 months old.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie is definitely into rough housing. Her latest is acting so cute and looking into my eyes when she's on my lap- then out of no where I get a bite on the chin! Other times she will bite in a playing way but often gets harder and harder so I try to get a toy to make her bite that but sometimes I can't move fast enough!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie does the cuddles and gives lots of love and out of the blue she will bite your chin, face, arm, she went for my eye once. She just gets excited I think. I'm hoping it too shall pass. She bit my neck once, I thought she was going for my jugular! lol

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I currently have scratches and bruises on my legs and chest from George. Shawn keeps telling me to hold George's head down for awhile until he calms down, but I cant do it. I know it doesn't hurt him, but I just cant.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a similar thing with my eight year old boy, although I put it all down to his being mistreated before we got him. He was rubbing against my face and purring the other day when all of a sudden he bit my nose hard, drummed on my head and ran and hid! I'm hoping with time this will lessen and I hope it will for you too!

X

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a similar thing with my eight year old boy, although I put it all down to his being mistreated before we got him. He was rubbing against my face and purring the other day when all of a sudden he bit my nose hard, drummed on my head and ran and hid! I'm hoping with time this will lessen and I hope it will for you too!

X

Ha ha ha Sorry I can't help it thats hilarious! :LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The other night my sis was petting Sophie and Sophie decided she had enough so she hit her in the head! No claws so it was funny. Then my sister leaned towards her and Soph hit her again, then with two hands, then sometimes one. Each time she leaned in she got a wack! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

skudra

Lairian
mine does the same.
one morning I woke up and my husband ask me where I was at night because of a huge bruise I had on my neck :Laugh: !
I just remember throwing Alexx off our bed at night after he had been bitting me while sleeping..
I cant't fight it, he's a biter.

susi794

Staff member
Snuffie does the cuddles and gives lots of love and out of the blue she will bite your chin, face, arm, she went for my eye once. She just gets excited I think. I'm hoping it too shall pass. She bit my neck once, I thought she was going for my jugular! lol

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

tessblack

Banned
Yeah it seems like these cats are little boxers. The sound when they slap each other is funny. My female will start playing rough and bit but she only does it when she is playing. Tux is a bit more gentle. Sometimes they play so rough together it scares me!! The end up with little scratches all over them.

Fountainrunner

Lairian
My kitty does this all the time. I mentioned in another thread how I know my mother has him because she'll start screaming at the top of her lungs because he starts biting at her face and arms. She thinks it's trying to kill her but the kitty is only showing her love. He does that whenever he shows someone love. He'll jump around the place and run circles throughout the house when he's really happy. :Smile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Woke up at 5am yesterday AM with Snuffie biting my arm, just outside of my armpit. OMG!!! She was playing with the strap on my jammies and next thing I know she was biting me. Thankgod she knows what "NO" means! lol

Back