Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is your cat lovable?

Teri*D

Lairian
chloe isn't, she doesn't like to be held, doesn't like to cuddle and is very skittish! My husband thinks it might be because when my son and his girlfriend got her as a baby they would leave her on the weekends and worked during the week a lot. She has been here with me for about a year now and I give her so much love and attention you would think she would come around and be more cuddly.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ours are loving Leo a lot more so. Athena is but she can be weird too.
I think being alone as a kitten has alot to do with it but I think if you are giving her so much love she will come around. I am sure she loves in her own little way:Wink:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mine isn't, she comes out in the morning to eat gets petted a few mins and back to hide in the covers. We have had her about six months and got her as an adult. She does not like to be held either. She is skittish also, if someone comes in the room while I am petting her, she runs away :(

tessblack

Banned
My two are really loving. Every time I sit on the couch they are both on either side of me. twitch does not mind being picked up and held like a baby, where as Tux is not that into it. He will lay there for a few minutes but gets restless. When they are in a playful mood they will have none of it. Otherwise they are so super affectionate, sometimes she just follows me around rubbing on my leg until I pick her up.

It is weird because I have always had hairy cats and have never expierienced anything like this. It may take her awhile to come around, just keep loving her and I am she she will become more confident.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Cleo and Wrinkles are.
Polar Bare is not yet but he is only 5 months.
Oreo is afraid of people.
Meeko and Coco love everyone.
Sasha is scared of anyone she does not know.
She is very lovable to us and people she knows.

holly_savage

Banned
Hibou is very lovable, but it is all on her terms...Greg will always pick her up when he gets home and she will sit there on his chest for about 10 seconds and then the twisting, the clawing, the meowing starts...and if he doesn't put her down, the teeth come out next!
I keep telling him to pick her up, give her a kiss and then put her right back on the floor..but NOOOOOO "I want to cuddle when I want to cuddle!" ha ha ha...I am trying to teach him that cats do what they want when they want...not the other way around!:LOL:

tessblack

Banned
It was funny, just after typing this Tux just forced himself between me and the lap top and would not take no for an answer!! He just would not stop purring.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie is very lovable - from the very moment I got her she has been "my" lap cat and is with me nearly 24/7 and is always in the same room as me. She sits with others but just not as cuddly with them as she is with me. She is my "snuggle monkey".

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My sphynx boys are sooooo affectionate! Mr. Blackwell hides under the bed when new people come in, but relaxes after about 20 minutes. Bluto loves everyone & is my shadow every day...Beltane (my furry cat) only wants love when HE wants it, which is usually about 2 am or just after I put on my work uniform. :LOL:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So far both Casper and Snuggles are love bugs! My siamese though is not, and hates strangers!

susi794

Staff member
Mine are extremely lovable. Mabel is a little skittish, and Dulcinea can be too, but everyone else is always all over me. I sometimes have to make them get down just for a second or two of rest--it gets hot with 8 cats laying all over you.

for_serious

Lairian
Keano is soo lovable! But not when he wants to play, he bolts and runs around. But when he gets tired he loves to cuddle, he's always in my lap.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
it gets hot with 8 cats laying all over you.

No kidding! I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out last year and had 4 cats at the time. I was doped up on vicoden of course and contemplating my near death and all 4 cats insisted on laying on me. I woke from one of my mini comas sweating to death from all the kitty sweetness laying all over me. Silly cats! I could only imagine what 8 would feel like,,,a high temp sauna!! lol

susi794

Staff member
No kidding! I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out last year and had 4 cats at the time. I was doped up on vicoden of course and contemplating my near death and all 4 cats insisted on laying on me. I woke from one of my mini comas sweating to death from all the kitty sweetness laying all over me. Silly cats! I could only imagine what 8 would feel like,,,a high temp sauna!! lol

:ThumbsUp:

Shauntay

Banned
Mercedes is very skittish and is only loving on her terms, like most regular cats (hair ones:LOL:) Mistah is an odd cuddler, he sucks his tail when he is happy or about to sleep and it can be kinda gross to have that on your lap, his breath is far from pleasant and he drools. When He is climbing onto you to get in position, if you pet him other then his head he growls, if you try to push him off he resists with all his might and refuses to get off, still maintaining his growl. None of my animals have ever bitten, and im of the belief a pet should never bite under any circumstance, as mutually I would never hit them under any circumstances, so even though he growls his head off, you can plant a kiss right on his blue lips with never a fear of him doing anything about it. He is just a grumpy man, and when he decides he wants your love, you better give it to him! The baldies, I dont think any amount of poetic words could express how affectionate and loving they are. I often tell people they are ANNOYINGLY affectionate. Douche is the well rounded cuddler, he always needs to be touching ppl, purrs if I just look at him! He often tries to dig in the neck of my shirt to sleep inside it, lil perv. He loves being smothered, you can squeeze and hug him till his eyes pop out and he will only purr louder. This affectionate is not reserved for only me, he treats perfect strangers the same way. Little Man, is my soulmate. I couldnt live without him. He is always by my side, if I get up, he gets up, if I sit down he sits down. When I take a bubble bath, he lies down on my stomach, partly submerged in the water, Id post pics, but ya know!:Wink: Walking around the house if Im not holding him, he has this extremely annoying meow, and he will not shut up till I pick him up, then he will slouch over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes making bed-room eyes at the world. That is usually how my housework is done, cat over the shoulder, good times. When we lie on the couch, if i massage his belly (and theres A LOT to massage :LOL:) he will do this adorable thing where he looks up at me, usually up side down, and purrs so loud we cant hear the tv, with hi mouth partly opened and his eyes going all sleepy, and that look I can tell he just loves me so much. So I give him sleepy eyes back, so he knows I love him too! Berlin has these moments in the day where she is just a demon, running amuck all over the house like a bat outta hell. But when its out of her system she's all needy and lovey and follows me everywhere, she's into the habit of meowing to be held like her bigger brother. She only purrs if you touch her, all it takes is a poke and she gets started, its so funny. So with these three insanely loving nudeys, it gets pretty suffocating sometimes!!!

firehillqueen

Banned
My Du never met a stranger. He loved everyone and demanded that they love him back. Singe took a little longer, but some people he climbed on immediately. Tosca adores my husband and son. She for the most part would rather sit in a chair under a throw and sleep. The kittens are learning to be cuddly. They want to be held a couple times a day at least.

RuthArt

Lairian
I think the reason that my husband has taken to Pinkz is because he likes to be held and stroked and loved ALOT!!! None of my others furry cats like attention that much, but Pinkz will let you hold him all day. When we take him to friends house, he is content to be held like a baby in his blanket the whole time, even passed around to various people. I thought it might be the need for heat, but I think he just really likes contact.

Ger wants love on his terms, when and where he decides. He does not like to be picked up, excepyt by my husband. He will protest and meow but almost goes limp when he is petting him. Mink, my female, is more into me, and will sit on my keyboard when she wants to be loved, she will also climb me, but then Ger gets jealous and chases her away. Ger is the spoiled brat :Hysterical: I have noticed that Sphynxes chose one human as THEIR human and they love him/her to death. Tehy will tolerate the rest, but will always stay true to their one and only.

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Abby is affectionate when she feels like it. She does not like to be picked up, she prefers to just jump in my arms. Thank goodness I have always caught her, she usually gives me no warning. We get tickled, she loves men with hairy arms, my poor dad can't get away from her when he comes over, she likes to lick his arms, then starts biting the hair on his arms and pulling them, fortunately he is an animal nut and doesn't mind. My mom thinks it is hysterical. She adores my son, but terrorizes my 11 y/o granddaughter. The 2 y/o can't get away from her.

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My Harry is a lover boy most of the time. If I'm sitting (even in the bathroom!) he has to be on my lap. At night he lays streched along side me or lays on my neck and kneads. It's sooo cute but he drools on my neck while he does it. As for other people he is interested in watching and will let people eeww and aahh over him but he's not as loveable.

Inferno12

Banned
My Johnny is a huge lover boy but he grew up in a loving environment. He is so attached to me that he is pretty miserable when I am working out of town. This is the downfall of having such a lover :Dizzy:

When I am home he is on my lap or next to me. When I am in the bed he is on my chest under the covers. When I am in the shower he is waiting for me on the bath mat!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mo does love having cuddles, he likes being wrapped up in a blanket and held like a baby! But if he is somewhere new or is in more of a playfull mood he doesn't really like to be picked up. He has to be in the right mood. But he is very affectionate and likes a fuss. My female cat doesn't like cuddles but she isn't a sphynx, she is very affectionate though.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
*sigh* Teeka chased a German Sheppard down the street trying to get it to cuddle her. The poor dog only saw this naked cat coming at it and took off at high speed with his owner being dragged along behind.

So to put it mildly ... yeah, she's cuddly. :)

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bronxe is VERY loveable. he loves being held like a baby. if you're sitting, he's in your lap.
Bea only snuggles at night in bed under the covers. he hates being held and only loves being pet when she approaches you. She was a rescue/adoption, and i'm not sure how affectionate her previous owners were.

Back