Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is your kitten as crazy as mine??

JojoCatMama

Lairian
Hi everyone, I have a question:
Are Sphynx kittens a special brand of crazy??

Merlin, our beautiful lavender sphynx kitten, is a wonderful maniac. He plays and plays and I rarely see him stop. Even at night, he hardly seems to take a break.

We have plenty of toys for him, including a tunnel, several boxes, mice toys and rattling ball toys. There's plenty of space for him to run, and he takes full advantage of it. Plus, he has our other kitten Tansy to play with. They cavort around the apartment all day long!

I'm away at work a lot of the day, so I hardly ever see Merlin "crash" like everyone says kittens are supposed to do.

Should I be happy Merlin has so much energy? Is this normal?

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
IMG_0031.JPG

You need to get the da bird toy and play every chance you get.
Especially before bed. Wear him down.
Google for best price. But petsmart and petco has them too.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL, yes, Sphynx kitties could kick the pants off the Energizer Bunny.

I have a hyper girl and when Max was younger he was crazy too. AND we were home pretty much 24/7 paying lots of attention and playing etc. They will slow down... eventually. I didn't believe it either, but Max has settled quite well and he's almost 3 years old.

Good luck!

JojoCatMama

Lairian
LOL, yes, Sphynx kitties could kick the pants off the Energizer Bunny.

I have a hyper girl and when Max was younger he was crazy too. AND we were home pretty much 24/7 paying lots of attention and playing etc. They will slow down... eventually. I didn't believe it either, but Max has settled quite well and he's almost 3 years old.

Good luck!
Thank you! It will be fun watching Merlin and Tansy go through all the different age stages. Tansy, only 2 months older, already exhibits mature traits I bet Merlin will eventually pick up on.

Back