Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is your sphynx lick/groom you?

Beerus doesn't try to groom my hair but he is fond of licking my cheeks as a greeting or a sign of affection. He also licks my hands when i pet him. Before i started owning a cat I thought only dogs licked out of affection. What do yours do?

Edit. Just noticed the title, i meant to as DOES your sphynx groom/lick you? Urgh i cant english.

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm still bonding with my little one, she's here for 3 days now. So I hope she'll groom me, that sounds so nice.
For now she likes to plung her butt on my neck/face area. It's not groom/lick but it sure is something. (y):ROFLMAO:

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
All four of mine did this. But...I don't like it (sorry!) cause it hurts due their tongue that feels like sandpaper and because I'm allergic to their saliva. So I stopped them and now they never do it anymore.

I believe there once was a fub friday fact aboylut the reason why cats lick their humans. Is that right @Catzzzmeow ?

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Since some days passed and we bonded a little. My little one thinks my nose holes and ears holes are very interesting to groom.
And she also seem to have quiet the fetish for my armpits. :wideyed: And she also likes to go for my chin/mouth. Even when I haven't ate in a while. Just random as random can be.
She sure is a special one... :ROFLMAO: wonder what else she'll do over time. :love:

Uber does groom us, and his furry cat sister Wooter. He licks my arms and hands, husband's leg and nose, and where ever his sister will tolerate for a couple licks.

Our other furred cats have also groomed us on occasion. I think Sphynx on a whole are more affectionate and bond more with their humans.

susi794

Staff member
Mine lick, but I also hate it because it hurts. Mine make biscuits/knead me everywhere. Which also can hurt. Lots of head butting, love bites, once in awhile drooling.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ugh yes. They will try to lick and eat my hair. So gross. Hubby is bald, I am the only one who has hair in my house!