Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is your Sphynx like this?

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
George is absolutely insane! He can run for hours without stopping, climb almost anything, and also chews on almost anything. Are Sphynx typically this hyper active?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
George is absolutely insane! He can run for hours without stopping, climb almost anything, and also chews on almost anything. Are Sphynx typically this hyper active?

Sphynx cats have a lot of energy, even into their old age, it seems. It's one of their most endearing qualities, I think. Piglet is 9 years old but still has the energy and playfulness of a kitten. She's usually a pretty calm cat but when she gets in her hyperactive modes, she'll run up and down the stairs several times in a row, chase my 12 lb Siamese male cat (who's twice her size), climb on top of the counters, and play with her toys or with my hand under the covers for as long as possible. I am often surprised at how active she is, as it makes her seem much younger than she actually is!

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've just had other breeds of cats as pets and none of them acted like this. It's almost puppy like. I absolutely love that he is so full of energy. It just threw me off because I've never known a cat to act like that.

skudra

Lairian
yes, mine is like this. and because of this I have another question-
when he runs, he can just ram into my legs with lots of power, or smash very hard himself into something- doesn't that cause any health problems? for example, can't he damage his organs or smth like this? I'm really worried..

Pbinky

Banned
I get scared too. My boys run like mad, chasing each other around the house. They smash into walls, chair legs, they fly off tables and not always landing on their little legs..... :Woo:
But they keep going...and going and going and going...... and going.:Wink:

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Mickey is just like that at night! He runs like crazy...Climbs his cat tree up and down really fast!...Yes It gets kind of scary sometimes!:LOL:

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I get scared too. My boys run like mad, chasing each other around the house. They smash into walls, chair legs, they fly off tables and not always landing on their little legs..... :Woo:

OMG! George is just like that! He jumps from the highest places and smashes his head into everything! My boyfriend has nicknamed him skittles.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Once Meecho gave me a heart attack because she was sitting next to a wall and I guess forgot how close to it she was when something in her brain just clicked. She turned to run and basically went from 0 to 60 in a second flat. Only problem was the wall directly behind her so her 0-60 went really fast back down to 0. I thought she broke her neck. For like ten minutes she held her head at a 90 degree angle. When she finally shook it off I didn't know whether to kiss her for being ok or kill her for scaring me so bad. :Hysterical:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG Gulliver is insane too, he runs around like a mad man and flops full force onto the ground and then under the other two cats... they must think he's nuts :LOL:

Pbinky

Banned
They're hilarious:LOL::LOL::LOL:
my boys like to have their little "cat fights" in bed with me. They run around the bed, chasing each other and then one always seems to fly off the bed landing on the floor with a thud.... my bed is really high up, so it's a long way down. Then there is silence for a couple of seconds and then it starts again, he jumps back up and the chase continues....:Hysterical:
makes for a long night:Smile:

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sanura and i were playing hide and seek and i ran around the corner and she took off running and ran smack into the piano i was so afraid she hurt her self but she got up and started running again like nothing happened. crazy sphynx! :LOL:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Our boys do all that crazy stuff too; it hurts me watching it but it doesn't phase them! :Dizzy: I wish my body recovered like that!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am with you!:ThumbsUp: mine know bedtime

So does mine, thank goodness! I have a hard enough time sleeping on my own without having unruly animals adding to my insomnia problems. Actually, having my cats settle down so quickly at bedtime helps me to fall asleep faster, too. :BigSmile:

skudra

Lairian
I can tell you why I got so scared suddenly, because of this smashing-
very close friend of mine told his friend brought her sphynx to be neutered and the vet found lots of pus in his/her tummy just by accident! the vet told- if she brought the cat a week later, he'd died. so I cant't figure out why the pus was there.. many bad ideas come to my head :Sweat: but I'm bringing mine to vet a month later, so I'll ask this question, and ask to do a good checkup for my Alexx.

Back