Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Issue With Clean Ears

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know - you are saying What? I have noticed for the past few months that Dinkas ears have not been as dirty as they used to. I thought I was just lucky. Well I am lucky because I caught Choco with his long nose burried deep into Dink's ear licking away. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

new cat pix 015.jpg

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have cleaned Lilo's ears twice already in the week she's been home....they definitely get gunky! I ordered some cleaning pads a while ago on Amazon.com [ame="http://www.amazon.com/8in1-Ear-Clear-Cleansing-90-Count/dp/B000FPL27U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294551547&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: 8in1 Ear Clear - Ear Cleansing Pads, 90-Count: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nDI1PtDuL.@@AMEPARAM@@41nDI1PtDuL[/ame] and they work good for a quick clean.

I did however get some liquid cleaner from the vet. She showed me how to do it and basically she had Lilo's head tilted sideways and poured the cleaner in her ear. Then plugged it with a cotton ball and tilted her head back in the direction of the ear that was being cleaned and massaged her ear canal (which she loved). Once the liquid was drained out the gunk wiped away easily with q-tips and they were fabulously clean.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Piglet's ears have gotten a LOT better in the past year, but Peppe's ears are always shockingly filthy...I can clean them in the morning, and they'll be dirty again by the evening! If we could harvest the oils from Peppe's ears, we might be able to solve our nation's energy crisis! LOL!

I sure can appreciate your post, Candys, because I have caught Piglet cleaning Peppe's ears a couple of times! Even Piglet sees that Peppe's ears are gross and needs help!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have cleaned Lilo's ears twice already in the week she's been home....they definitely get gunky! I ordered some cleaning pads a while ago on Amazon.com Amazon.com: 8in1 Ear Clear - Ear Cleansing Pads, 90-Count: Kitchen & Dining and they work good for a quick clean.

I did however get some liquid cleaner from the vet. She showed me how to do it and basically she had Lilo's head tilted sideways and poured the cleaner in her ear. Then plugged it with a cotton ball and tilted her head back in the direction of the ear that was being cleaned and massaged her ear canal (which she loved). Once the liquid was drained out the gunk wiped away easily with q-tips and they were fabulously clean.

Dinka appreciated an ear cleaning to. Those pads sound like a great idea. I love convenience.:Smile:

Back