Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

It helps. It is known someone about this.

Sara074

Lairian
A month ago this cat came to my house. When I come to house I bathed it, but I have not done it again.
I do not leave that I sunbathed.
I hydrate the skin in aloe he will see pure (plant).

Has anybody seen this ever?
What can I do?

The veterinarian me has not paid attention.

Please it helps.

Last edited:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Is this cat your cat?

Do you use any flea prevention?

Is there any itching involved?

Is this pet exposed to any other animals?

How old is he and is he neutered?

Sara074

Lairian
If now it is my cat, only one month ago.
He is a three-year-old and average male he is not castrated. They did not want it and I bought it because bad care was.
I am taking care of it, but not that to do.
Two weeks ago I have vaccinated it and it is desaparacitado.
I have not put anything him for the fleas, I have not seen any. I have not thought about it.

It has compañi - to, it is my kitten to her I have it from small and it is well, is vaccinated and desaparacitada.

The wine on diarrhea and him I have met fodder Hill's I/D and a syrup Pro-entic 3 days
cooled wine and I gave him antibiotics ' Nicilan ' 6 days.
And the ears all the dirty ones and the veterinarian gave me Epi-otic.

God not that to do with his skin!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
If now is my cat, just a month ago.
It is a male three and a half aà ± os not castrated. An and not you want to buy it because it was poorly maintained.
I'm taking care of me, but not to do.
Two weeks ago I have vaccinated and have desaparacitado.
I have not put anything for fleas, I've never seen one. I have not thought about it.

à ± companions have to, it is my kitten to have it from small ± ay this well, this vaccine from and desaparacitada.

He came with diarrhea and I think I have given Hill's I / D and Pro-entice syrup 3 gives as
came cold and gave him antibiotics "Nicilan" 6 days.
And all dirty ears and the vet gave me Epi-otic.

God is not to do with your skin!

Translated!

PitRottMommy

Banned
Many cats of middle to older age commonly have darkened spots of pigmentation, this is normal. Your cat has an increased amount, which likely has to do with the fact that he is intact. The first step I would take would be to neuter him. This will cut down on any hormones which could be exacerbating this problem. In addition, he could be much older than you were told, which would explain the large amount of pigmentation.

Also, these cats are prone to skin problems secondary to sun exposure. While you don't let him into the sun, the previous owner might have. I would recommend not permitting sun exposure for him, at all, and monitoring the size of the pigmented spots. If they grow or change in any way, have a biopsy done. This may be a type of cancer.

Confirm for me, the pigmentation on his skin does not cause any itching for him. Correct?

How long have you had him on the I/D and is he still having diarrhea?

Sara074

Lairian
If now it is my cat, only one month ago.
He has three years and a half he is a male and he is not castrated. Not the quierian and I bought it because the attention was bad.
I am taking care of him, but not that to do.
Two weeks ago I have vaccinated it and desaparacitado.
I have not put anything for him for the fleas, have not seen any. I have not thought about it.

I have a cat, girl, have it from small and it is vaccinated and desaparacitada, she is well.

The wine with diarrhea and him I have fed Hill's I / D (1mes) and a syrup of Pro-Entico 3 days
cooled wine, costipado and I gave him antibiotics ' Nicilan ' for 6 days.
And it dyed the ears all dirty and the veterinarian gave me Epi-ótic.

God not that to do with his skin!

Sara074

Lairian
These spots do not sting him, it never scratches.
The fodder I/D buys him 2kilos and it him has lasted 1mes, now I give to him royal cannin.
His ****s are like a baby's, like that mush it has done when it came and keeps on doing this way.
These spots that I believed that they were freckles have gone out for him more and have increased of size

His ancient owner gave me his Passport and there it puts his date of birth. Also it can be that this man has lied or forged the passport, I do not know it. In the passport it puts that it has three years and a half.

I have a cat female and it has mounted him several times.

PitRottMommy

Banned
It's good that the spots don't bother him. Another diagnosis is possible if they did, but since they don't we won't worry about that. The pigmentation can be considered freckles which, as long as they don't itch and don't grow, can be considered normal.

Again, I would recommend neutering him. Without a good history on him, it's not a good plan to breed. If this problem is genetic, he could pass it on to his young. Not to mention this breed is predisposed to heart problems and need thorough testing before they're considered good breeders. Having your female spayed is also a good idea. There are many illnesses that come with having an intact female, none of which are cheap to treat.

Good luck!

Sara074

Lairian
bufff that fright!
These freckles do not sting but if they have become bigger and have gone out for him more, it has more than when it came one month ago.

If I will ask the veterinarian on the castration.

A thing, to part of the freckles that it takes as his body. Have you seen him the eyes? Is that also of the pigmentation? or are they burns of the sun?
When it came already it was like that.
What do I do?
How do I take care of it? Or do not I pay attention?

PitRottMommy

Banned
If they're growing and are actually something you can feel on the skin, he needs to have a sample taken and sent to a pathologist. It may well be a type of skin cancer. It could be something that was caused by the sun, but there's no way for me to know that through the computer. He'll have to be seen by your vet. I would push harder to have your vet find an answer for you. Don't ignore it, this could be something major. If it's not, it's always best to err on the side of caution. Your vet will need to sedate your pet for a biopsy, he can be neutered at this time. I recommend using only gas anesthesia for Sphynx, they're very sensitive to injectable forms of anesthesia.

susi794

Staff member
[QUOTE \u003d Sara074; 25266] Si ahora es mi gato, sólo hace un mes. Él es un período de tres años y medio de los hombres no está castrado. Ellos no lo quieren y lo compré porque la atención fue mala. Yo me encargo de ella, pero no que hacer. Hace dos semanas me han vacunado y es desaparacitado. No he puesto nada para él para las pulgas, yo no han visto ninguna. No he pensado en ello. Se ha Compani - a, es mi gatito le tengo desde pequeño y está bien, está vacunado y desaparacitada. El vino en la diarrea y le he conocido forrajes Hill's I / D y por un jarabe de Pro-Entico 3 días enfría el vino y yo le di antibióticos '6 Nicilan' días. Y los oídos de todos los sucios y el veterinario me dio Epi-ótico. Dios no que hacer con su piel! [/ QUOTE]

I think I can do a little better than the translator--here goes:
Yes, he is now my cat. I got him a month ago. He is an intact male that is three and a half years old. The people didn't want him and they didn't take care of him--treated him badly, so I bought him. I am in charge of him, but I can't do that. Two weeks ago I I had him vaccinated and ( I don't recognize this word and it's not in my dictionary--may be spelled wrong). No, I haven't put anything for fleas on him, I haven't seen any. It didn't even occur to me. Yes, he has company--my kitten, which I have had since he was small. He is good, is vaccinated and ??? He has diarreah and I have been giving him Hills I/D food and a syrup of Pro-Entico for three days. I've also given him antibiotics Nycilin for six days,His ears were dirty and the vet gave me Epi Otic. God knows what I can do for his skin!

Sara074

Lairian
I was already to the veterinarian and he has said to me that attention should not pay.
I belong to a small people and here only there are 5 veterinarians, these do not know much of this race. But I can go to the cardinal Valency, suppose that there they will know more.
Thanks for everything. I will inform you.

Sara074

Lairian
If desaparacitado with " Drontal " for the internal parasites (worms..) a pill every 3 months.
Not desaparacitado day pupil (fleas, ticks..)

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My kitty developed spots on his back several months ago. The spots seem to be increasing the older he gets. I was worried at first but they seem to be part of his natural color. They don't bother him and they're not protruding from his skin.

PitRottMommy

Banned
As you described, your companion has spots that are raised. For this reason, I'd still recommend a biopsy. If there was a communication error and they are not raised, simply watch for growth and changes in each spot.

Good luck!

Sara074

Lairian
Hello, I have taken my cat to a good veterinarian.
The veterinarian has seen the cat and has said to me that it is well. His diagnosis has been the pigmentation of the skin.
It has not wanted to do the biopsy, says that the cats sick with cancer have the tearful eyes, they have many cold and almost always they are sick. And my cat does not have the symptoms of a cat with cancer. He has said to me that should go away to calm house.

Back