Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

It is finally GOTCHA DAY!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
After a long 9 week wait from the day we put down our deposit, it’s finally Gotcha Day!!!

We will be picking up Kenzo Bare in about 4 hours.... Stay posted for tons of pictures!!!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Finally had a moment to check in! Kenzo met baby and the doggie crew briefly. All went well, but I didn’t want him to be overwhelmed so we kept it short. I tried to sneak him into the bed when the dogs were passed out. At first, a sleepy eyed Kenzo was a calm little purr-ball. However, after a short biscuit making hiatus, Kenzo was wide awake and meowing around the room like a lunatic! Back upstairs for the night... We will try again tomorrow. Sleep training tips welcome! Otherwise, he’s been so much fun. Hubs instantly took to him, like I knew he would. His first words were “omg, he is so bad ass.” Lol.
Kenzo has done quit a bit of exploring and play, and has a hearty appetite. I can’t tell if he’s used his litter boxes yet. The next week or so will be a bit of a learning curve for both of us, but I feel he will be running the house in no time!

I will try to get better pics tomorrow. He’s very active, so most are blurry, lol. I think the One Fast Cat Wheel is a must to burn some of his energy!
955AE885-8230-495C-824D-BDBB096AFC0B.jpeg
2AC6E9E0-81DC-4C4F-961E-AF4733624DF1.jpeg
16C4B59A-91D3-405A-A957-F5247FC6769B.jpeg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Monica happy Kenzo Bare gotcha! Yes lol he is Bad as* adorable!
The one fast cat exercise wheel is a hit with my Toby . I tell him go fast Toby go fast and he actually runs over to his wheel like a mad man! Be warned they do use it at 5 am! and fellow "stargate" member kitties
@Bailey21 and @denise irwin
can share their input on the "stargate "

Welcome home Kenzo!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Monica he is so stinking cute!!! So happy gotcha day and intros so far went well :) My boy and my moms crew love being a part of the stargate club! As @Yoda mom stated there is no limit to when they feel like going for a run :ROFLMAO: I've had plenty of "go fast" early morning wake up calls. Sometimes Yoda runs so fast I think the thing is going to blastoff into the stars themselves! Definitely recommend, so glad I took the plunge and ordered one :happy: I found the younger kittens were easier to train on it also.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Day 2 Update:

Kenzo and the boys are full on friends already! He is currently curled up with my yorkie as we speak! He also enjoys surprising my pit/boxer mix with spontaneous back pounces as he walks by! He is full of energy and spirit! A bit naughty, but hey, he’s only 3 months old! His wellness check is this afternoon. I think I will pull out my yorkie’s old carrier for the trip since he hasn’t been fit for a harness yet. More pics to enjoy!
432548D6-EFC1-4FA1-B6C1-524468B64BAE.jpeg
750F50E0-5B77-4880-B08A-99AF0ECB58A2.jpeg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that is awesome he has already been accepted by the others! Good luck at your vet check...don’t forget to bring a poop sample if you have one.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow that is awesome he has already been accepted by the others! Good luck at your vet check...don’t forget to bring a poop sample if you have one.
Man, I wish I would have logged into the lair before my appointment. They requested exactly that, and I didn't have one so I have to bring it by. All went well otherwise, he is now microchipped and given a clean bill of health! It is truly amazing how well he is getting on with the family. I'm so proud of my boys for being so welcoming and well behaved! Good dogs for sure!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Traci Smith How exciting! The first night was a little rocky, but by the second night he was much more adjusted and slept downstairs with us through the whole night! I think our breeder did a fantastic job socializing him with her baby/kids and dogs, so it was an easy transition to our family. He is extremely curious, and gets into EVERYTHING, but he is also surprisingly smart and trainable... Sock sweaters are life! I'm so happy I stumbled upon that tip from the Lair. I've always kept a bag with mismatched socks in my laundry room in case we end up finding the missing pair, and already many of them have been turned into tiny kitten clothes. Such an inexpensive and clever idea! Printed men's dress socks have been particularly cute for Kenzo... If I knew how to sew, I'd hem them up, but the unfinished edges kind of give him a cool, punk-rock look, lol. My hubby was a major sphynx skeptic, and he fell in love the second he picked him up. Seriously, the coolest cat breed I've ever encountered!!

Traci Smith

Lairian
@Traci Smith How exciting! The first night was a little rocky, but by the second night he was much more adjusted and slept downstairs with us through the whole night! I think our breeder did a fantastic job socializing him with her baby/kids and dogs, so it was an easy transition to our family. He is extremely curious, and gets into EVERYTHING, but he is also surprisingly smart and trainable... Sock sweaters are life! I'm so happy I stumbled upon that tip from the Lair. I've always kept a bag with mismatched socks in my laundry room in case we end up finding the missing pair, and already many of them have been turned into tiny kitten clothes. Such an inexpensive and clever idea! Printed men's dress socks have been particularly cute for Kenzo... If I knew how to sew, I'd hem them up, but the unfinished edges kind of give him a cool, punk-rock look, lol. My hubby was a major sphynx skeptic, and he fell in love the second he picked him up. Seriously, the coolest cat breed I've ever encountered!!

Lol! Ya little nervous how it’s gonna go! Our girl was clingy and cuddly — he looks all toddler boy! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Traci Smith Lol, I’ve seen the vids you’ve shared of Niles. He is very much ‘all-boy’ and alpha, like my Kenzo. He will be an adventure for sure!

I say Kenzo is equal parts cuddles and crime... o_O:LOL::love: A sour patch kid, if you will, and I wouldn’t have him any other way!!

Back