Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

It is here!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I got the litter robot yesterday but I have been so tired/busy with the new job that I just now set it up. Juno went in and peed instantly. Jack has gone in a few times with no going potty, and Ben hasn't moved from being up my butt since I got home from work. I did put him in it but he jumped out and continued to follow/sit on me.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It made my heart happy to hear the thud the clump of pee made when going into the bottom. No more scooping! Hip Hip Hooray!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So it seems I will be the lucky one with cats who refuse to use the litter robot. This morning even though their old litterbox is still in the house and usable Jack pulled my sweater down off the coat rack and pooped on it. And I caught Juno peeing on a blanket. Yay me. :Angry:

Bella07

Banned
So it seems I will be the lucky one with cats who refuse to use the litter robot. This morning even though their old litterbox is still in the house and usable Jack pulled my sweater down off the coat rack and pooped on it. And I caught Juno peeing on a blanket. Yay me. :Angry:

Oh no! That's awful! Hopefully they'll get used to it in a few days. I guess they are just showing their displeasure with the brand-new top of the line, expensive litter robot for now....silly cats.....

ckutkuhn7

Banned

Oh no!!! Is there anything else that is "new" that they may be mad about??:Dizzy: Goodluck, I hope they learn to use their litter robot!!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Melonie! That's terrible! maybe they are mad about the new job? I hope they ease up and poop in their robot soon!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think it is multiple things. The new box, the new job, and this morning I was taking boxes of things outside and stuff don't know if he thought I was doing something funny. I have had issues with him pooping ON things when he was having seperation anxiety. I plan on turning my son's room into the "cats" room since my son never even goes in there. For the mean time I am going to lock them all in the bathroom with the litter robot. It just annoys me because today they have all used the old litter box not one has even attempted to go into the littler robot, that is why I hate having the old one availiable because they use it everytime. I don't know what the deal is with Juno because she peed in it right away, then peed on a blanket. Ugh.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I think it is multiple things. The new box, the new job, and this morning I was taking boxes of things outside and stuff don't know if he thought I was doing something funny. I have had issues with him pooping ON things when he was having seperation anxiety. I plan on turning my son's room into the "cats" room since my son never even goes in there. For the mean time I am going to lock them all in the bathroom with the litter robot. It just annoys me because today they have all used the old litter box not one has even attempted to go into the littler robot, that is why I hate having the old one availiable because they use it everytime. I don't know what the deal is with Juno because she peed in it right away, then peed on a blanket. Ugh.

It does sound like they are not completely happy with all the changes lately. Hopefully they will settle down soon and start using the robot.

susi794

Staff member
Gadzukz,
Everybody but Mabel is using it now---Mabel has started to go inside, but then I walk by or something startles her and OUT she comes! I think there is hope--but she is still expressing her displeasure with the whole thing---she pooped right outside the thing yesterday. I finally took the old dirty litterbox out--I couldn't stand it any longer. The directions say to leave the dirty one out for awhile because they like using a clean litter box. So Mabel has high standards of cleanliness or she will punish me. She has been really mad at me--for letting the old one get so dirty, and then taking it away. I still have a hooded box and a top entry box out, but no one has been using them--and Mabel didn't like them either. The directions also say to use some of the CatAttract litter supplement from the vet if they don't want to use it. Since Mabes is at least starting to get in there, I'm hoping we will graduate to using the robot soon.
You asked me how often I have to dump it--daily or every day and a half--but it takes two minutes and is easily manageable for me. When Mabel gives in and starts using it, I will be one happy (but still crazy) cat lady.

taminate

Lairian
So, how does everyone like this? I had one of those scooping litter boxes and hated it because of the nasty plastic disposal things...but this is one that is at the top of my list. I do have to ask- does litter fly out when they leave? MY cats are VERY good at tossing litter and we are moving into a very small apartment.

Back