Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

It snowed last night...

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I woke up to scenes like this:

04-12-2020 - IMG_8213-Export_sm.jpg

04-12-2020 - IMG_8214-Export_sm.jpg

04-12-2020 - IMG_8215-Export_sm.jpg

04-12-2020 - IMG_8220-Export_sm.jpg

So when daylight finally arrived, I thought "Hey! Snow! Time for X-Mas pics of the boys!"
I grabbed the "Santlers" for me, the Santa hat for Oz, the reindeer antlers for Stormy, and the little hat for Timmy.
I grabbed the camera, set it up on the tripod, made sure the wifi works, that it's positioned right.
Then I went to get the pony beasts.
Stormy had thrown himself into a mudbath. Covered from hoof to ear in horrible mud. (He was clean when I let them out!)
Oz was a mucky yellow color.
Timmy had globs of mud all over him.

I got them in -- Timmy saw the head collar, and legged it. Under the fence, back into the mud. Yay.
I started to clean up the other two (pointless exercise) put Oz's Santa Rug on him, left Stormy without, then trudged after the donkey cretin.
Finally got him, got the mud off for the most part, and proceeded to put the Santa hat on Oz.
Nope.
EVENTUALLY the damned thing was on his head. Yay.
I stuck the little hat on Timmy...and Stormy tried to eat it.
Reindeer antlers on Stormy, and we're set. Or so I thought.
Walking to the front of the house was an exercise in patience. I DRAGGED Timmy along. Stormy barged ahead. Oz threatened Timmy.
It was mayhem.
Eventually we get to the front of the house -- by now the camera had turned itself off, and there I am trying to reconnect the phone to the camera, while I'm being pulled every which way but loose.
So finally I have the camera working on the smartphone and try to line up those three cretins.
I get Oz in position -- and Stormy decides to use the hedge as a neck scratcher.
Timmy sticks his head up his bum, and makes him jump.
EVENTUALLY I get them sort of lined up, and try to take a picture -- and get run over by Stormy, who absolutely positively has to make sure he's in shot.
Alas, the timer is off, so I have to reset it.
Oz goes off to graze. Timmy stands there as if to say "Why do I have to wear a stupid hat?" Stormy is determined to eat my "Santlers".
Let me tell you... If I ever make noises about taking a group photo with those three, ever again -- lock me up. Don't let me near a camera, or horses, or a donkey.
Do it for my sanity, because this morning... I lost it.
Here are the two only pics that were even half way decent...

04-12-2020 - IMG_8233-Export.jpg

04-12-2020 - IMG_8234-Export.jpg

I am so DONE. LOL

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Stunning winter photos! And I love the photo with you, Oz, Stormy and Tiny Tim. Perfect photos are boring so this one is cool!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Silke gorgeous as ever@ warm hugs n head smooches to al from FL, USA ... I still smile ear to ear looking at Timmy and how blessed he was that you saved him.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love reading your stories, I won't lie I'm usually laughing picturing myself right there with you. Stormy really wanted your Santlers I see. I love the photos! It actually looks like you're reading them a Christmas story/book in the second one. It took me a while to realize its your phone.

Back