Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

It's bath day

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's that time again. Time for Butterball's cleaning. He got me pretty good earlier with his nail trimming. My next post will probably be from the emergency room. Wish me luck!

for_serious

Lairian
good luck!!! I think I'm going to have to bathe my kitten for the first time, I'm a littler nervous. He's getting so filthy!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Phew, all done! I've come to the conclusion that washing is a three step process. The first step is to put kitty in water and let him freak out. The next step is to put baby shampoo on wash rag and thoroughly scrub the little dirt monster outside the tub. The third step is to put kitty back in tub and rinse as best as possible. Apply towell and let the little clean monster go directly to his litter box and proceed to dig around thus negating said bath and turning into a dust monster.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL:

So did you catch it all on video? You know you are falling behind here:Wink: Still 49 videos....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL:

So did you catch it all on video? You know you are falling behind here:Wink: Still 49 videos....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I tried but I'm not sure how much video is worth posting. He was all over the bathroom so most of it was just boring video of the bath tub with no action.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
How ironic....it was bath time for Lemmy today too!! I was also impaled by the claws....so much for blunting them first! LOL

holly_savage

Banned
today is bath day for Hibou too...want to know my terrible secret? I just get in the bath with her. Slide the glass doors shut and all is just dandy...no bath problem. She putters around in the water for a while and only fusses when it's time to clean her bum...boy she really doesn't like that!

But being in there at the same time makes it pretty easy.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yeah - the only time Snuffie fusses is when I clean her butt. She hates it. LOL Other wise she is really good. Watch, my next Sphynx will be the hard one about things. lol

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Do you know I've spent 4yrs bathing them in a sink and getting stressed and clawed. Then thanks to Sphynxlair I tried the bath tub even though its less 'convenient.' It worked like a dream. I know I'm not the smartest person out there, but still, 4yrs to find this out *the shame*

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Do you know I've spent 4yrs bathing them in a sink and getting stressed and clawed. Then thanks to Sphynxlair I tried the bath tub even though its less 'convenient.' It worked like a dream. I know I'm not the smartest person out there, but still, 4yrs to find this out *the shame*

Snuffie isn't so happy with the bathtub. I havent tried getting in with her since I use soap that may not be good for her but it was so hard to reach her since we have a sliding glass door. Our sink is so much better. I think I already had her in the sink habit when i tried the bathtub as well. Go figure. lol

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Don't feel bad. It took me half a dozen baths before I figured out to trim the claws BEFORE the bath.

Pbinky

Banned
I wash my kittes in the laundry tub. They don't mind it and it's much better on my back than the bathtub. Plus the dryer is right next to me so when we're all done i take out the nice warm towel and wrap up my little angels and they LOVE that. This way it's easier to trim their nails and clean their little fingers and ears while they totally relax in the nice warm towel. My fiance says that he wishes i would give him that kinda spa treatment as well. :Hysterical:

for_serious

Lairian
The next step is to put baby shampoo on wash rag and thoroughly scrub the little dirt monster outside the tub.

I'm so glad I read this post before I bathed my kitten. This step saved me when I had to wash Keano for the first time. There was no way I could scrub him in the tub!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We used to bathe NOfuratu in the sink and he would always freak out and claw.

Then we started using the bath tub and I usually just wash him when Im having a bath myself. He's very calm in the tub with me and also only complains when I wash his butt...although using coconut oil swabbed on his butt about 15 mins b4 the bath helps a lot.

Its amazing how much happier he is with me in the tub than in the sink!! When we're done I just pass him to my spouse who wraps him in a towel and snuggles. Hot towels are his favorite too.

When I was a vet tech we used to put an old screen from an old window over the sink or bathtub and place the cat on the screen.. When the cat freaks out it just latches its claws into the screen and freezes like that til your done bathing it.....so if you have a fractious sphynx....try the screen trick.....

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great tip nofur!!!

I've not even tried with Mugs...he's just waaaaay to anxious and vicious...he'll bite and claw you just for touching his feet or stomach!!

He did fall in the bath when I was in there one evening leading to soggy kitty running around, my blood in the bath water and my boyfriend doubled over gigling like a school girl....oh so much fun!

X

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great tip nofur!!!

I've not even tried with Mugs...he's just waaaaay to anxious and vicious...he'll bite and claw you just for touching his feet or stomach!!

He did fall in the bath when I was in there one evening leading to soggy kitty running around, my blood in the bath water and my boyfriend doubled over gigling like a school girl....oh so much fun!

X

Yikes, just got a visual of that...that must have been horrifying and hilarious all at the same time! :Hysterical:

Back