Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

it's been a rough week!

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor Agnes has had a rough week this week.

First, she had a horrible skin flare up that we are taking antibiotics for and giving medicated baths twice weekly. Her skin was so red and raw. :  (

Now her eye is bothering her, I came home at lunch and she wouldn't even open it. Off to the vet I went (thankfully my co-workers were more than understanding) vet did an eye stain to be sure no ulcer but she still wouldn't really open it for the vet either. From what she could see no ulcer thank goodness. So we have the cone of shame back on and are giving terramycin ointment twice daily. (that is if I can get her eye open) and a recheck already scheduled for the skin.

Thankfully, she isn't holding a grudge against me with all that is going on and medication that I am having to give. This poor girl just cannot catch a break.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor little Agnes! Did the vet now what's wrong with her eye if it's not an ulcer? And her skin issue, is it an allergic reaction..? Hope the medications work and that she feels better soon!! {}

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Poor baby. What meds/ointment did your vet prescribe? Happy healing vibes are sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna ohh no
Oh Agnes ! We are sending lair full of positve vibes!

Terramycin is a good ointment
All paws crossed it clears up her eye

(Depending on the cause of eye issues - mine had a corneal sequestrum -he got oflaxacin followed by idoxurine - the idoxurine really cleared things up -

Big hugs to you amd gentle hesd smooches to sweet Agnes

You two are going through sooo much

When is her skin follow up
Hopeful for good news on skin and eye front
She certainly has the best of love and care

Geez You both need to catch a break

Sheldon13

Staff member
Did they say anything possibly about entropion? It’s where eyelashes curl inward and scratch at the cornea. Just a thought on a possible cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Did they say anything possibly about entropion? It’s where eyelashes curl inward and scratch at the cornea. Just a thought on a possible cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When she was a kitten she did have a very slight entropion that we were to just keep an eye on. It’s the same eye that is bothering her currently. So it very well could be that. The vet really didn’t say much else except that it isn’t an ulcer. I have a follow up appointment scheduled already for her skin so was going to keep it to also check her eye. It wasn’t her regular vet that saw her eye but another one in the practice. If anything gets worse I’ll be sure to call and go back sooner.

@Cinafina she does have allergies and I have started allergy serum injections to hopefully build her immune system against the allergens. We are still in the build up phase and not quite at her maintenance dose.

@Catzzzmeow and @Yoda mom thank you for the healing vibes

I somehow forgot to mention that she also had an asthma attack this week too! I guess when it rains it pours sometimes. She is one tough cookie that’s for sure.

Attachments

• 258154BD-F311-4BED-8D2D-C10F43F2CB2D.jpeg
    258154BD-F311-4BED-8D2D-C10F43F2CB2D.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 31

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna oh no asthma attack on top of it :( geez
You two do need a break! That’s it no more !

All paws crossed for team Aggie!
Bless you for all the very best of love and care
Agnes is a real trooper ... big head smooches n hugs
We are all sending healing vibes and prayers!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor Agnes has had a rough week this week.

First, she had a horrible skin flare up that we are taking antibiotics for and giving medicated baths twice weekly. Her skin was so red and raw. :  (

Now her eye is bothering her, I came home at lunch and she wouldn't even open it. Off to the vet I went (thankfully my co-workers were more than understanding) vet did an eye stain to be sure no ulcer but she still wouldn't really open it for the vet either. From what she could see no ulcer thank goodness. So we have the cone of shame back on and are giving terramycin ointment twice daily. (that is if I can get her eye open) and a recheck already scheduled for the skin.

Thankfully, she isn't holding a grudge against me with all that is going on and medication that I am having to give. This poor girl just cannot catch a break.
Hello there ,
So very sad to hear your poor babies run of bad luck !
She is so very lucky to have you ! And your such a dedicated momma looking after all her needs
Keep us updated on her progress
Massive hugs from us
Xxx❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Back