It's been a while... | Sphynxlair

It's been a while...

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Tails' started by myspecialboy, Mar 1, 2010.

1. myspecialboy

myspecialboyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $766.16
    Ratings:
    +71
    I've been so busy with work and home that I haven't been on here in, like, two weeks! Too long, I say!

I am so glad I took a coworker's advice about Chadwick's food. The vet and I had talked about his problems with not chewing his food, wretching after eating, and his constant licking. Nothing I tried was working and my coworker suggested I go to a local privately owned pet shop and talk to the owner about Chadwick's problems. The owner is an animal nutritionist and she gave me the rundown of many different foods. She thinks Chad's wretching could either be from eating too fast and not chewing the dry food or from a minor chicken allergy. She gave me some California Naturals herring and sweet potato dry food and salmon and sweet potato wet food. She told me to bring it back if he wouldn't eat it, but I knew that wouldn't be a problem. He has not wretched at all since he started that food! What's also great is that the kibbles are larger so he HAS to chew his food! It's weird actually hearing the crunching when he eats! Now that he has to chew, he is taking more time eating and not inhaling it anymore. The only thing I am having a problem with is that the food smells so fishy, it makes me want to barf. I'll forgo my stomach problems if it stops him from having problems. He still licks everything, though. Perhaps it is just a fixation...

I also got around to replacing the blinds in my apartment that Chad has destroyed, which is great. Now, I can walk around in my underpants without fear that my neighbors can see me (not that it stopped me before...)! My apartment also doesn't look white trash anymore, so that's a plus. Best part is, they've been up for a week and Chad has not torn them up yet! Yay!!!

Lastly, I finally tried coconut oil to clean up the Chad and he might have had a reaction to it. His skin turned bright pink and stayed that way for a couple of hours. He didn't seem like he was in pain and he didn't itch and he didn't feel hot, but I haven't used it since. It sucks because it worked so well for him! If anyone knows if that's a normal part of using the oil, let me know! I know it wasn't the water because my feet and legs were in the water and they didn't turn pink from the heat and I doubt water that's too warm would keep his skin bright pink for two hours!

I hope everything is going well in your worlds!

2. Sara074

Sara074Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $1.00
    Ratings:
    +4
    Me alegro que hayas solucionado el problema de la comida.

Yo también les compro el pienso que tenga las croquetas grandes porque mi gato las pequeñitas se las comia enteras y luego hacía diarrea. Yo utilizo Royal Canin Oral sensitive (combate la placa dental y el sarro) y problema solucionado. Inconveniente es que es de pollo.

Sobre el aceite de coco, no sé, no te puedo ayudar.

3. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynxAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,132.16
    Ratings:
    +3,086
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    Glad to hear Chadwick and yourself are doing well. I love my local pet store guy also (Jim) he has helped me out so many times.

4. heather

heatherV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $396.00
    Ratings:
    +462
    Glad to hear about your blinds! Thank goodness he hasn't tried to destroy the new ones.

I use coconut oil and had never had that issue. Doesn't sound normal to me.

Glad he's doing well on his new diet! :ThumbsUp: