Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

It's been a while!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've visited. I had a scare this past Sunday with Stella. I ended up taking her to the Pet ER here in town. About two weeks ago, I took Stella to the vet to get a booster shot she needed for turning a year old (she will be a year old in two days) and they went ahead and gave her a rabies shot, even though she wasn't due for that until January. They said that giving these shots together will make it more convenient for us. Later on that week, her left eye started to water. She experienced a similar situation back in April, and the vet believed something irritated it, but she made it worse by rubbing her paw against it. The ointment that they provided at the time cleared it right up. I quickly set up an appointment for this recent watery eye. At first it just watered. Then I noticed some mucous. I was very worried! THEN both eyes started to water. What was interesting is that it would be really watery during the first half of the day and then within the next couple of hours, the eyes would look better. I felt so bad for her. Felt like her appointment would never come. Early Sunday evening, my poor baby's left eye looked very swollen. I panicked! My boyfriend and I took her to the pet ER to have her checked immediately. They gave her a physical and said those results were excellent. Her eyes were the only issue. Turns out, they believe she has a chlamydial infection. They believed it was brought on by stress (our recent move, having to share space with another cat, the doctor's visit with two shots...). They performed a fluorescein stain which showed them that Stella did NOT have an ulcer on the cornea of her eyes. In order to keep it that way, Stella is required to wear an E-Collar. Luckily it's not those big plastic ones. It's a cloth-like material so she can lay down semi-comfortably. Still kind of bulky for her little body though. Just gotta make sure she can't rub those eyes. The doctors prescribed Terramycin Ointment as well as Prednisone Acetate (eye drops). I believe her eyes are already improving. She is due for another appointment within a week to check her status. She's still her old self, but feeling restricted with this E-Collar. The E-Collar requires her to strut. Can't help but sing "On the cat walk, yeah on the cat walk" when she walks around. :)

Brooke

Banned
Aw, poor Stella! Take care of those big, beautiful eyes! Please keep us posted on how she's doing, but it sounds like she'll be just fine. :ThumbsUp:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sorry Stella isn't feeling so hot :Cry: I hope she gets better fast and can take that collar off soon.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone! No doubt her eyes will be better soon. Somehow she managed to get her front legs through the collar this morning. She was wearing it like a skirt. Tricky, tricky.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone! No doubt her eyes will be better soon. Somehow she managed to get her front legs through the collar this morning. She was wearing it like a skirt. Tricky, tricky.

That is too funny, and why ours don't wear cloths much we would put A shirt on them and they would get it half off and have it stuck over there head:Dizzy:

Last edited:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is too funny, and wht ours don't wear cloths much we would put A **** on them and they would get it half off and have it stuck over there head:Dizzy:

Haha, yeah! And then you try to hold them still to remove the shirt, but they keep on bucking and walking backwards. :Laugh: "Hold on, silly!"

Back