Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Its official!!.....Im a crazy cat lady!!

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So here I am the new owner of a Sphynx (I've had Sherlock about a month and a half now) and I am already thinking about my next one!!! What is wrong with me?!? I even have a name picked out and know what color I want!! I want a black kitty and I want to name him/her Kona. Like the coffee in Hawaii. Geez!!

I mean honestly I need another cat like I need a hole in the head but I cant help it!! I have fallen totally in love with these guys!! Their little wrinkles and their little faces. It's really pathetic I know. But I know you guys understand. Right? Ok well enough of my venting..off I go to see who has some black kittens so I can go drool!! ITS A SICKNESS I TELL YOU!!! HAHA!!!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep, 100% certifiable. I want another one too but I'm just going to have to wait until I get back on my feet.

holly_savage

Banned
laurame I think we all understand...we got our first one in December last year and then the next one in July...and I still look and drool over all the babies and the rescues out there...the only thing that helps is thinking about scoping poop for 3 cats will be way more work than for 2 so for now I just drool!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
laurame I think we all understand...we got our first one in December last year and then the next one in July...and I still look and drool over all the babies and the rescues out there...the only thing that helps is thinking about scoping poop for 3 cats will be way more work than for 2 so for now I just drool!
Hey that brings up a question for me. I'm really good about cleaning up after Ball does his thing but sometimes I forget and it might go 24 hours without being cleaned. So my question is, if I had another and waited a whole day to clean out the litter box, would I be risking having pee and poo smelling kitties?

Bella07

Banned
You're right. You ARE crazy! Actually, we all are. But, it's definitely a great type of crazy.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I guess I'm a crazy cat lady too. I just got Nudie in June and couldn't help but get another baby. My new girl will come next month and I am currently drooling while waiting:LOL: I think these little sphynx are so addicting it's not our fault:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Hey that brings up a question for me. I'm really good about cleaning up after Ball does his thing but sometimes I forget and it might go 24 hours without being cleaned. So my question is, if I had another and waited a whole day to clean out the litter box, would I be risking having pee and poo smelling kitties?
Now that I have two Sphynx our litter boxes defintley get a workout within 24 hrs. Thankfully the kitties have figured out to pee in one box and poo in the other. I scoop them atleast once a day (twice on a good day when I haven't lost my marbles). It gets "full" but as long as I don't go 2 days without scooping its not a big deal. I scoop for 4 days and change the box out every 5th day. When I change the box I also wash it out and make sure all debris and any odor is removed as well with Natures Miracle. So far so good unless someone gets the squirts!!

Gizzymom

Banned
I have the Litter Maid self cleaning litter box for Gizmo. He is on only child (his choice, not mine LOL), s0 I only need to empty it about every 5-6 days... Then I scrub down with soap, water, and bleach every 3-4 weeks. He will NOT use the box if there is any pee or poop in it... He would rather poop next to the box rather than get his feet "soiled".

However, I recommend the older model of the Litter Maid that has the plastic rake to scoop the poop. The newer one has a metal rake that does a horrible job!

I would imagine with 2 nakeds, you would have to change the receptacle every 3 days or so. Just a thought.:Laugh:

Sphynx #1 last December, Sphynx # 2 the following April and # 3 will arrive in November. We are already talking eventually we will need #4 so we have 2 boys and 2 girls. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Suffice to say, I cannot offer support, I will only encourage :BigSmile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gotta love the lair- I feel so normal now after reading these posts:LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You all are enabling this persons debilitating behavior! Shame on all of you.:Hysterical:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yup, 2 cats w/ 2 LitterMaids & one conventional box. The Littermaid receptacles only need to be emptied every 4 days or so. If it weren't for Bayleigh needing her daily heart meds, I could easily go away for a weekend. I would go back to 3 sphynxies again in a heartbeat if Bay would let me! These babies are addicting!

Gizzymom

Banned
Yup, 2 cats w/ 2 LitterMaids & one conventional box. The Littermaid receptacles only need to be emptied every 4 days or so. If it weren't for her needing her daily heart meds, I could easily go away for a weekend. I would go back to 3 sphynxies again in a heartbeat if Bayleigh would let me! These babies are addicting!

Kiennasmom,
Do you have the older model or the newer Littermaid? I tried the new one, but all the metal rake did was bust up the clumps and left them in the box :ThumbsDown:

Found the old model on the internet though and ordered 2!!!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Both are the older models. The one is over 9 yrs old! Definitely got my money's worth out of them. I've heard the same thing....that the metal rakes on the new ones don't work very well. I just try to keep the tracks clean with that little brush they provide and cross my fingers that they don't break down.

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love all of you!! Thanks for making me feel "normal"! Haha!!!