Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

just adopted

batgirl

Lairian
i'm new here. needed to contact folks that are as crazy about their sphynx as i am. i have dreamed about owning(don't they own us?) one for years. finally adopted a retired queen a month ago. it was love at first sight. i think the owner's feeling were a little hurt because we bonded right away and she sat with me during the whole interview. she has been an absolute delight. I can't wait to get home every evening to be with her. she and my two older gentlemen (10 and 12 yrs old) are getting along fine. one of my older cat is a main coon. it is so funny when she trys to groom him. she will start licking him then does this cute little spitting thing because of all the hair. anyhow, i could talk about her forever. i would like to hear from other obsessed folks like me.

Last edited:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Hi!! My name is Christina and I'm a Sphynx addict and a SphynxLair addict. Welcome to your first step in becoming a SphynxLair addict as well!!!! LOL

Welcome to the Lair! Cant wait to see pics of your kitties!!!!

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the kindest place I know. Looking forward to getting to know you and your babies.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi would love to see some pics! She sounds lovely, I'm sure the previous owners a thrilled that she went to live with someone who she bonded with so quickley. Thats fab!

batgirl

Lairian
stories of my little girl

I don't let my kitties sleep with me because my little girl, Bella, is very jealous. She doesn't want to share me with the boys. When I first got her I let her sleep with me and of course the boys wanted to also. She would play 'queen-of-the-hill' off of my hip. She'd sit there and if any body even thought about joining us on the bed, she'd launch herself off of my hip and chase them out of the room. Jarring way to wake up when one is just drifting off to sleep. Thus, no one sleeps in the bedroom M-Fri. Everyone has beds and blankets to snuggle but just not with me.

This morning we had our Sunday morning lie-in. When Miss Bella thought we had stayed in bed long enough, she reached out and grabbed my pajama sleeve with her teeth and gave it a good jerk. Time to get up Mom; I'm hungry! She is so funny. She is so petite but rules the household with a iron paw.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Re: stories of my little girl

I don't let my kitties sleep with me because my little girl, Bella, is very jealous. She doesn't want to share me with the boys. When I first got her I let her sleep with me and of course the boys wanted to also. She would play 'queen-of-the-hill' off of my hip. She'd sit there and if any body even thought about joining us on the bed, she'd launch herself off of my hip and chase them out of the room. Jarring way to wake up when one is just drifting off to sleep. Thus, no one sleeps in the bedroom M-Fri. Everyone has beds and blankets to snuggle but just not with me.

This morning we had our Sunday morning lie-in. When Miss Bella thought we had stayed in bed long enough, she reached out and grabbed my pajama sleeve with her teeth and gave it a good jerk. Time to get up Mom; I'm hungry! She is so funny. She is so petite but rules the household with a iron paw.

I love that story - thanks for sharing, it gave me a good chuckle!:ThumbsUp:

Back