Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Just had to take my baby boy to the ER.

Brooke

Banned
... Nelson's been lethargic all day, then he started coughing, wheezing, and gagging. When he hid under my bed and wouldn't come out, I knew something was definitely wrong with him.

On x-ray, his lungs look really fuzzy. The vet thinks he may have asthma. I was short on cash this week and bought some cheap litter in a pinch that was highly scented, although it's still low dust. She thinks the scent may be what set this off.

So, he's staying in ER overnight for observation. Right now he's in a nebulizer and then he'll get another x-ray in the morning to see if his lungs are improved. If he looks better, it'll be safe to assume that's what the problem is. If not, it'll still be a mystery...sigh.

Fingers crossed. He was already starting to feel better by the time I left, purring and pretending to spray the exam room. He also let out a really loud belch. I was so proud. I've never heard a cat belch before!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is it Walter or Nelson - I can't remember who is the younger one?

I'm sorry to hear this, I hope he is ok! Hope it's just the litter. My fingers are crossed and Soph's paws are too.

Wow- I bet he felt better after the belch!

Brooke

Banned
Is it Walter or Nelson - I can't remember who is the younger one?

I'm sorry to hear this, I hope he is ok! Hope it's just the litter. My fingers are crossed and Soph's paws are too.

Wow- I bet he felt better after the belch!

It's Nelson - I edited my post...just noticed I didn't mention which one it was...they are all my babies! (but Walter is slightly younger)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Poor guy:ThumbsDown: Hope he does well and can come home today!

I have to say that is something that would happen to me I try to save money some how but in the ends up costing more money anyway:Dizzy:

Leo Belch's from time to time the look on his face is too funny!

Brooke

Banned
Good lord, Brooke, it's one thing after another with Nelson.

Did he have a nice, big fart to go along with his belch? lol. Men...:LOL:

Not yet, but it's still early! Just picked him up and he belched again - right in my face.

He's back to himself, skull-cracking head butts and all. But, between last night and this morning, the pet store isn't open so I haven't changed the litter yet. Hoping there isn't a relapse...(if the litter is what caused it in the first place). Vet still thinks there's a chance it's something cardio, but the nebulizer made him feel better, so let's stay hopeful and blame the litter for now.

PitRottMommy

Banned
Not yet, but it's still early! Just picked him up and he belched again - right in my face.

He's back to himself, skull-cracking head butts and all. But, between last night and this morning, the pet store isn't open so I haven't changed the litter yet. Hoping there isn't a relapse...(if the litter is what caused it in the first place). Vet still thinks there's a chance it's something cardio, but the nebulizer made him feel better, so let's stay hopeful and blame the litter for now.

You can use shredded paper in a pinch. Shredded paper=low dust. Most cats aren't too happy about it, but they'll use it.

Brooke

Banned
Oh my god, he just had a seizure. :Sweat: I have an appointment in 2 hours and I may just give myself a seizure before then.

J

Jinxlover

OMG:Cry:..I'm so so sorry brooke... My heart gos out to you..I hope and pray he's okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back