Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Just Learning

MinnetonkaMari

Lairian
Hello,

I'm interested in learning more about the Sphynx breed. My husband and I have 4 Chinese Crested dogs (3 Powderpuffs and 1 XX-Hairy Hairless). Were in our 40s/50s, no kids and I don't work, so I'm home a LOT. I have many questions about Sphynx and whether a Sphynx cat would be a good fit for our family someday.
So I will be here reading and researching.

Thank you!
Mari

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Mari glad you found us, it sounds like a sphynx would be a great fit for your home! There is lots of info here for you and if you have any questions just ask!

pooner

Banned
If you are looking for a cat with lots of personality that loves the company of humans then a sphynx is for you! They do require lots of attention bathing, eye cleaning, nail clipping, ear cleaning etc. but, they bond with you and will bring lots of joy and laughter to your household.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello MinnetonkaMari and welcome to Sphynxlair! Please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like, we are pretty good here on the Lair at answering everything Sphynx related! Please enjoy the site!:ThumbsUp:

TotenEngel

Banned
Welcome to the lair!
If you're home all day sounds like a good sphynx environment! My husband works from home and I work part time so I worry when our boy is left without us for longer than an hour or two lol (even though he has 3 furry brothers to play with!)
Be prepared for possible claw clipping/ear cleaning/bath time fights though!! :LOL:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and nice to meet you! You'll find plenty of info here to help you decide if a sphynx should be in your future or not. Good luck!

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello, & Welcome to the Lair! We have 2 Chinese Cresteds, & 2 sphynx cats as part of our brood. I think the sphynx cats fit in nicely with our furry cats (Ragdolls) & our other dogs. They are very sociable & interactive. A squirt of Dawn dishwashing detergent & a rinse under a warm spigot is easy - nail clipping & ear cleaning also once every week or two.:ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to our little online family of friends! Looking forward to getting to know you, Mari!

ktate88

Banned
Welcome :) There is tons of information so I think you found a good spot