Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Just need to evacuate angry so pissed

Chris

Lairian
Hi everyone,

Hope you and your babies are going well =)

Well, today I was about to buy a very good second hand cat tree. I have called the person, we agreed to a time and the address. Everything was ok. He confirmed. I was very very happy about this sales. The call was at 11am and we agreed to meeting at 8pm.

Then just before I hit the road, I sent a message to told the seller I'm on the way. I got a response. It has been sold.

What !!! Why people do that, this is very very uncool. With no explanation, no sorry, nothing ! I'm disgusted...

This tree was so good and right now I can't afford buying it brand new this was a true bargain. Well it ain't change anything but well It feels good to relieve a bit of angryness with you =) My Doudou would have love it so much..

(I think you've noticed but English is not my native language and I don't use a translator, sorry for the mistakes)

Greetings,

Chris

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I’ve had that happened!!!
It makes you so angry why set up a time with me at all, if you needed it gone before just tell me and we could work out a different time .. not difficult at all

Poor Doudou, I hope you find another tree soon!!

Chris

Lairian
thank you ! You are totally right ! He even told me It was also possible to me to come the day after...

He already has tree but not near as good as the one I would have purchased today. Real plain wood, perfect rope, good quality.

It was this one : (

To compare, look at the current tree :

I had to customize it myself and even if this tree is almost new he is already damaged... The rope is not good and I fear that it could hurt his paw because I hurt my palm with.

As you can see my sphynx love to climb so much he needed this new tree.

Last edited:

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a bummer. People don’t make sense to me much of the time. He at least could have contacted you before you started to head that way.

Your English is quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
That's so frustrating! Some people only think about money. Hope you find a new cat tree soon.
Doudou is very handsome!

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That is so frustrating. Keep looking, you might find a better one.

Yoda mom

Staff member
(((Hugs))) so sorry this happened to you .

On a positive note Fwiw, it is hard to buy kitty items second hand - you don't know if it has been tinkled on , or what it has been cleaned with , or has pathogens that could be transferable to your baby . Here is something I read , I never knew these pathogens could last as long and transfer

"Olfactory considerations aside, used cat items have other built-in unknowns. The previous cat might have been ill. Some pathogens that are shed by sick felines survive in the environment for weeks, months, and years. Panleukopenia, a fatal and highly contagious virus, can exist for years at room temperature on objects. Ringworm, a fungus, is contracted by spores that are shed — it can easily live on grooming tools, cat furniture, and beds for as long as two years. These pathogens are robust, and decontaminating the objects can be difficult. For your cat’s sake, it’s better to overlook the used bargains and invest in new."

All paws crossed for you

Just to share , years ago I got new sisal rope and redid it myself until I found an affordable new cat tree.

Last edited:

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Chris where are you located? How much are you able to spend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Chris, I'm about (well, in the next month or two) to order some extremely thick rope from China. If you want, I can find out what the price for 1 cm thick sisal rope would be and add it to my order if that's something you'd like (saves on shipping that way).
That way, with some effort (and hot glue, and some hook nails), you could redo the rope on your tree, for maybe not a lot of money.
(I'm in Normandy, btw.)
And your English is a lot better than my French, I can tell you that much! LOL

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi everyone,

Hope you and your babies are going well =)

Well, today I was about to buy a very good second hand cat tree. I have called the person, we agreed to a time and the address. Everything was ok. He confirmed. I was very very happy about this sales. The call was at 11am and we agreed to meeting at 8pm.

Then just before I hit the road, I sent a message to told the seller I'm on the way. I got a response. It has been sold.

What !!! Why people do that, this is very very uncool. With no explanation, no sorry, nothing ! I'm disgusted...

This tree was so good and right now I can't afford buying it brand new this was a true bargain. Well it ain't change anything but well It feels good to relieve a bit of angryness with you =) My Doudou would have love it so much..

(I think you've noticed but English is not my native language and I don't use a translator, sorry for the mistakes)

Greetings,

Chris
@Chris,
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties finding an affordable cat tree for your handsome Doudou. (I would need to vent if that happened to me!) There are sooooo many jerks in the world today!

Your misfortune may be a blessing in disguise.

I dug up this old post to remind us all to be cautious where our kitties are concerned...

I will never forget this story of a used cat tree. Moral to the story, check for fleas! :eek:Big problem, fleas on my sphynx!
Scary story, eh?!

@Silke has a good suggestion about putting new sisal rope on the tree you have now.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest for the perfect cat tree!