Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Just Stopping By

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi All,

It's been quite sometime since I have stopped by the Lair. I hope you are all well. Mr Vito and I are doing pretty well. He has been with me now for just over 8 years and is 10 years old! His HCM is stable, but this past spring he was also diagnosed with Asthma, but he is doing just fine. My hairy girl Seraphina is still with us and is now 5 years old. I bought my own little house this past spring and next summer will be enclosing a little patio off my bedroom for a nice secure place for the kitties to play.

Just over two years ago I adopted a 10 year old Maine Coon named Foxy, who I showed that year along with Vito. Unfortunately, Foxy left us in April, I believe she had cancer, she was almost 12. In July, I brought home Atticus a Maine Coon kitten who even though he is not as much of a turd, reminds me sometimes of my sweet naked boy Odin. I am sure some of the veteran members will recall him. That is him in my profile pic.

Vito did his last ever show in September, he did quite well, I feel the excitement is a bit much for him. However, they added one more show in my area this season, and I may just take him to that. I got on a waiting list for a show quality Sphynx back in January and got the call last week, sadly, I have to pass this time around as the timing is not the best. Disappointed because the wait was less than expected and the kittens available were what I was hoping for. But that is ok, I am hoping that by the end of next summer a new little naked dude will be joining us here at home.

I love my hairy cats, but I decided long ago, that I will never be without a Sphynx. Oh, and I also discovered that I am allergic to cats. Not sure how allergic I am to Vito, but when I went to spend a few days in Florida with my MC breeder I sneezed and was congested the entire time. Great Fun. As a result, the kitties are not longer allowed in my bedroom, but I suspect I will cave and allow Vito in before too much longer.

Well off I go to catch up at bit!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi Sera!
It’s good to read your news. I’m so glad Mr Vito is still going strong. Keep us posted on your next kitten!
Congratulations on your house! The patio enclosure sounds wonderful, for you, as well as the cats. How is your needlework going. I’ve been having a blast hand painting yarn with food coloring.
Do you have some pictures of your chowder to share?

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi Julie,
I haven't done too much knitting lately, life has been busy! I have been taking piano lessons so that is keeping me busy. I have lots of little projects around the house to take care of too. Here are a few pics....

First is Atticus, he is just 8 months old. Next is Atticus, Sera and Dust. Dust is a Selkirk Rex that I had for a short time. I had an arrangement with a breeder, I would show her and she would have 2 litters. Unfortunately, somethings came up and I was unable to commit to showing her and so Dust went back to the breeder. It broke my heart to give her back. Last is Vito and Atticus after their last show.

72144183_1924090671070772_322101424550838272_o.jpg

71377249_1883733135106526_2690813610992599040_o.jpg

70143248_1870586799754493_2741005526526590976_o.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Caloci hello ! so happy to see you on the lair... wow time flies.

what precious adorable pics! congrats on your home!
so happy your back..
keep us updated on the Piano lessons!
sorry about the allergies... :(

((hugs ))) and head smooches
look forward to updates and more pics!

ps love the cat dishes and that fish! recently members posted about those fish.. so neat, I may have to find some for my crew
(4 nakid adoptees)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome back! So nice to see you you again. The crew looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for stopping by! Hope all is well! :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome back! Happy to hear Vito and Sera are doing well. They look great! Sorry to hear about the loss of your Foxy.
And congrats with Atticus. Hope to see a new naked in your home soon.