Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Just when I thought I had heard everything

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bringing Nofuratu with me everywhere, including work, I thought I had heard every possible thing from people....."He's so uglyhe's cute.....Must be great for allergies...how does he stay warm.....oh he feels like a peach......he looks like an alien...he looks like an old man.......why is his brain on the outside of his head....." yada yada....
So I dont pay much attention when people are yacking away about him because they are usually saying the same old stuff.
The other day at the store some middle aged ladies were talking. They didnt know eachother. One was at the cash with me and one was petting Nofuratu in his bed. The lady petting him was telling the lady at the cash she should touch him and that lady was asking "What does he feel like?"
So the lady petting him says:
"Well he feels exactly like a WARM RUBBER BOOT, but in a nice way!"
LMAO! Totally cracked me up...she's kind of right!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
LOL!!! That is such a ... Maritime ... thing to say. :)

My family is all from Nova Scotia and have a dozen saying related to rubber boots and hip waders. Luckily no one's compared Teeka to one. Yet. :Smile:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Little Ladies will say the darndest things. Ha - rubber boot - ha - but in a nice way.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL!!! That is such a ... Maritime ... thing to say. :)

My family is all from Nova Scotia and have a dozen saying related to rubber boots and hip waders. Luckily no one's compared Teeka to one. Yet. :Smile:

LMAO...You are right! Typical Atlantic Canadians....the only thing missing is the french "La" at the end of the sentence!
"C'est comme une rubber boot la!!"
LOL

Bella07

Banned
Warm Rubber Boot (but in a good way!) --- I love it! When I try to describe to people what a Sphynx feels like, I usually say the typical, a hot warm suede bottle. But, from the Sphynx that I have touched, most feel more like the boot idea! I'm using that description from now on :BigSmile:

Inferno12

Banned
I heard a new one today too. We are staying at my cousins and her husband is a comedian (thats what he does for a living) and he got up in the middle of the night to go pee and he saw one of the cats standing between his legs. He picked him up and gave him some love and then went and told my cousin that they "were warm and felt like a butt" :LOL::Surprise::Hysterical::LOL::LOL:

Inferno12

Banned
I heard a new one today too. We are staying at my cousins and her husband is a comedian (thats what he does for a living) and he got up in the middle of the night to go pee and he saw one of the cats standing between his legs. He picked him up and gave him some love and then went and told my cousin that they "were warm and felt like a butt" :LOL::Surprise::Hysterical::LOL::LOL:

Ok, I just told my cousin that I posted this and she said, I will tell you what he also said *****WARNING **** IF YOU ARE OFFENDED EASILY, DONT READ ANY FARTHER.....he felt like a warm butt or a Pen*s with legs :Surprise::Surprise::Surprise:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok, I just told my cousin that I posted this and she said, I will tell you what he also said *****WARNING **** IF YOU ARE OFFENDED EASILY, DONT READ ANY FARTHER.....he felt like a warm butt or a Pen*s with legs :Surprise::Surprise::Surprise:

the first time my uncle saw Bronx-e he called him foreskin!!!!:Surprise:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

LOL...I have actually told a few people (that I know wont be offended) that they feel like foreskin...LOL...and when Nofuratu is doing his "Turtle" impression with his neck tucked in and all his wrinkles pushed to his head, he looks a little like Foreskin....tee hee.

gothicmist

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i have a hairless dog and my best friend has always called him rubber pup since the day i brought him home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bellasmom

Banned
LOL...I have actually told a few people (that I know wont be offended) that they feel like foreskin...LOL...and when Nofuratu is doing his "Turtle" impression with his neck tucked in and all his wrinkles pushed to his head, he looks a little like Foreskin....tee hee.

HAHA!! everyone tells me Bella feels like a shaved scrotum... I think I need some new friends

Back