Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Just woke up with cat dropping kitten in my hand!!!

Amyjade123

Lairian
My cat that I rescued, has just meowed very loud at the side of my bed jumped on and dropped a newborn kitten in my hand!! I got up and she sat back down and proceeded to have 5 more beautiful little wrinkley kittens all but 1 are suckling away and mum is extremely tired! I'm so super proud of her! I've given her some water she wasn't interested but going to hang off feeding her till it's light out as she's eaten all the placentas...slightly annoyed on the inside she's used my 1 year olds very expensive blanket she got off her great grandma for Xmas to give birth on but ah well

Attachments

• PXL_20210310_031041892.jpg
    PXL_20210310_031041892.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG-20210310-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20210310-WA0010.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 66

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congratulations! This happened to me when we bred Siamese cats years ago. Our queen would give birth in our bed every time.
I hope by now that all the kits are feeding well, and mom is doing well. Many cats will not eat all the placentas, and ours would only eat a couple of them, even though she had 6 or 7 kits each pregnancy.

Good luck with your new family additions!

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations! What an honour to have her invite you to join her in the birthing process. I'm sure the blanket can be washed - how can you begrudge them when they look so snuggly warm in it {=

Amyjade123

Lairian
Congratulations! This happened to me when we bred Siamese cats years ago. Our queen would give birth in our bed every time.
I hope by now that all the kits are feeding well, and mom is doing well. Many cats will not eat all the placentas, and ours would only eat a couple of them, even though she had 6 or 7 kits each pregnancy.

Good luck with your new family additions!
They feed when I put them on her but I think I'm just getting too involved and need to let them find her nipples themselves there is now 6 bless her, she's been soo good! She was like last trying to get me to come to wear she wanted to do it I swear she must have had the first one in my bed but I can't find any blood he was freezing when she carried him to me and dropped him on me xxx

Amyjade123

Lairian
So today we lost one :( I went shopping had someone check on them he said they was fine I came back 10 mins after he left and one had died a little boy, I can't understand why he was one of the bigger ones I tried to do mouth to mouth and massaging his heart and when that didn't work I tried hot water then cold water then hot water and cold to try and shock him but he was gone :(
She's so upset keeps crying and walking round the house for him she hasn't really settled since xxx

Attachments

• PXL_20210310_095111601.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210310_095111601.PORTRAIT.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 50

Amyjade123

Lairian
They're all finding it really hard to find her nipples I've never walked in her room and seen them suckling I have to put them on her which takes ages by the time I've got 3 attached and go to put the last two on the first 3 have fallen off. I cannot wait for them to open their eyes , thank you for your kind messages I was very upset xx

Sheldon13

Staff member
I think it’s a lot of work for the first several days. Keep at it. It seems like you are very dedicated.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Back