Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kat Von D lost another sphynx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

It says he was lost in a house fire.
His name was Valentine.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
RIP Valentine:Cry: I didn't know she had a sphynx before Valentine. How sad a house fire and no one to save him:Cry:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
omg she just got Valentine earlier this year didn't she, after she lost her first kitty to HCM? How horrible, to lose him in a house fire.

The one before was Ludwig, he died off what they believe was HCM. She came home to find him crying out but when she got him to the vet he passed away. It was sad :Cry:

I can't imagine her pain though, loosing two babies in such a short time. And in a fire! I'd never forgive myself, I'd blame myself. I hope she's okay.

LucyFurrr

Lairian
HCM? It said on her blog after Ludwig died that he got out of the house an got attacked by what they think was a dog. I saw it on an interview on Animal Planet too... She said that her BF must have let him slip out and they found him outside all mangled and died at the vet.
So... she lost Ludwigs replacement too? Hmm... I've never been a fan of hers as is, but really? Two in the last year to accidents? Maybe it's a sign. Poor kitties. :Cry:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ludwig did die from HCM and you know what she could do so much for the cause but did nothing.
Me and many other sphynx people wrote her and she ignored our posts and emails.

TotenEngel

Banned
HCM? It said on her blog after Ludwig died that he got out of the house an got attacked by what they think was a dog. I saw it on an interview on Animal Planet too... She said that her BF must have let him slip out and they found him outside all mangled and died at the vet.
So... she lost Ludwigs replacement too? Hmm... I've never been a fan of hers as is, but really? Two in the last year to accidents? Maybe it's a sign. Poor kitties. :Cry:

I also heard at least 2 different stories about how she lost Ludwig, I'm also not a fan of hers though!

I just hope she looks after her cats a lot better than she tattoos! (her hygiene standards are disgusting!)
poor babies

LucyFurrr

Lairian
I know Ludwig had HCM, but can you point me towards where it says he died of it? Cause I can find several places that say his back end was mangled after sneaking outside, and they found him crying, took him to the vet, and he died there. Bam Margera, her BF at the time, even said that's what happened on his radio show the day after it happened? And no I'm not trying to argue, lol...

@Toten, YES! Her hygene is terrible in the shop, I can't believe that she's famous. Her tattoo work is only 'amazing' to people that haven't seen true masterpieces in the tattoo sense. Letting your cats in the shop during business hours, and drinking whilst getting tattooed, also during business hours is despicable!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Some sphynx breeders said he threw a blood clot.
I will try to find the emails.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I also read that he died after getting out and being attacked by something and that is how his back end was mangled. I think when people here back end they assumed it was HCM, but in this case I don't think it was.
So sad about the fire, was it in her home? poor kitty :Cry:

Inferno12

Banned
I think the thing that gets me is thinking what that poor cat went through before she died. How scary that had to be for her. I am around fire all the time and I think the worst death would be to get burned. I just hope that little girl took a deep breath of the air and gases and never felt any pain. :Cry::Cry:

I know Ludwig had HCM, but can you point me towards where it says he died of it? Cause I can find several places that say his back end was mangled after sneaking outside, and they found him crying, took him to the vet, and he died there. Bam Margera, her BF at the time, even said that's what happened on his radio show the day after it happened? And no I'm not trying to argue, lol...

@Toten, YES! Her hygene is terrible in the shop, I can't believe that she's famous. Her tattoo work is only 'amazing' to people that haven't seen true masterpieces in the tattoo sense. Letting your cats in the shop during business hours, and drinking whilst getting tattooed, also during business hours is despicable!

Yeah I don't like her as a person very much, but the fact that her cats keep passing away is still very sad. I can't imagine the pain she's feeling.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I originally became a fan of Kat Von D when she was casted on Miami Ink and they made a good name for her. Then I follwed her to her show LA Ink but now that I've been watching her further her career and have realized what a dim wit she is and poor manager I wonder how she even obtained all that she has.

And then to see she lost Ludwig to HCM and didn't become an advocate at all for the disease and now I can only assume this fire was started from one of the 300 hundred candles scattered around her condo...how sad. I just feel like she is neglectful, not only to her staff and crew but to her self and animals.

I'm just very dissapointed in her. Does anyone else smell trash???

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I originally became a fan of Kat Von D when she was casted on Miami Ink and they made a good name for her. Then I follwed her to her show LA Ink but now that I've been watching her further her career and have realized what a dim wit she is and poor manager I wonder how she even obtained all that she has.

And then to see she lost Ludwig to HCM and didn't become an advocate at all for the disease and now I can only assume this fire was started from one of the 300 hundred candles scattered around her condo...how sad. I just feel like she is neglectful, not only to her staff and crew but to her self and animals.

I'm just very dissapointed in her. Does anyone else smell trash???

I agree, she seems very self absorbed and it's sad that someone with such a big name and love for Sphynx cats is not an advocate for HCM. I understand that her cat got out and was hurt and it was not HCM ( that's what I have heard), but even if it wasn't HCM she could make a difference... She's even had a photo shoot in a book with her cat... She may not even know what HCM is... She's a talented tattoo artist and beautiful, but that may be where that book ends...

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Terrible way to die for the poor cat.
R.I.P

Gizzymom

Banned
I watched the episode when Ludwig died and he was let out of her house / apt during a move. I thought I remember on the show that they thought he had been hit by a car. But he died from injuries... not HCM. It is very possible that she is trying to say it is HCM so people feel bad for her instead of being outraged of how careless she is. And now another act of carelessness has cost another sphynx it's life. I hope another breeder does not sell her any more kittens. I don't care how much money she has.. Your negligence cost 2 sphynxes their lives... not to mention how much they suffered before they died.

Whatever.. this situation annoys me cuz I'm sure we'll see in a week that she has another one and everyone will be so happy that she has another kitten ...:Angry:

lawgrl

Lairian
I've never seen either of her shows (Miami or LA) and don't really know anything about her, but I feel so sad for her and that poor kitty.

Losing my kitty babies in a house fire has (strangely) always been one of my biggest fears (the house fire part and the kitty part). I've definitely always been one of those people who turn everything off before leaving the house (and even unplug some things)...what can I say, I'm a little kooky that way!:Dizzy:

Then about two months ago my husband's father was killed when his house burned down (his dog was also trapped inside and died). The house burned totally to the ground so we'll never really know what happened (there just wasn't enough left for them to be able to really determine anything about the deaths or the fire except that the fire was not electrical).

Anyway, now I'm really paranoid about it! I made my poor hubby buy and install $200+ of new dual smoke/fire alarms in our house and get a bunch of fire extinguishers to put in various places around the house. Now I've got my sights set on an alarm system, primarily because I want them to monitor the house for fire while we're away (like I said, I'm a little kooky...I admit it!:Worn-out:)

I feel so sad for her, it's just such a horrible thing all around. This would absolutely devastate me if it were one or both of my babies. Poor Valentine!:Cry:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've never seen either of her shows (Miami or LA) and don't really know anything about her, but I feel so sad for her and that poor kitty.

Losing my kitty babies in a house fire has (strangely) always been one of my biggest fears (the house fire part and the kitty part). I've definitely always been one of those people who turn everything off before leaving the house (and even unplug some things)...what can I say, I'm a little kooky that way!:Dizzy:

Then about two months ago my husband's father was killed when his house burned down (his dog was also trapped inside and died). The house burned totally to the ground so we'll never really know what happened (there just wasn't enough left for them to be able to really determine anything about the deaths or the fire except that the fire was not electrical).

Anyway, now I'm really paranoid about it! I made my poor hubby buy and install $200+ of new dual smoke/fire alarms in our house and get a bunch of fire extinguishers to put in various places around the house. Now I've got my sights set on an alarm system, primarily because I want them to monitor the house for fire while we're away (like I said, I'm a little kooky...I admit it!:Worn-out:)

I feel so sad for her, it's just such a horrible thing all around. This would absolutely devastate me if it were one or both of my babies. Poor Valentine!:Cry:

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Fires can be so tragic.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i saw this article on someone's FB page, i think Jacky's. I read it the scrolled down and the instant i saw that sweet babies face i was a ball of tears!! i think things sorta hit home a bit more when you put a picture to a name, ya know.
I couldn't imagine her pain. how terrible sad. it saw shes was out of town, in canada for a book tour. just such a traggic event. poor valentine (and poor ludwig).
my heart TRULY goes out to her right now.

Morticia

Lairian

It says he was lost in a house fire.
His name was Valentine.

That should probably be my worst nightmare!!! I'm always so carefull when I leave Morticia alone and I'm so paranoid about fires.... :(

How sad Kat Von D is not lucky with her sphynx! Ludwig, her first sphynx died of HCM, now this.... how sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.