Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

KatWallks Pet Furniture

AngelSphynx

Lairian
I am wondering if anyone on here has ever ordered from a company called Katwallks before? They are out of Oklahoma. I put an order in back in early July. Their site says to wait 6-8 weeks (or less) before you get your order. Well, I still have not gotten a thing! Their customer service sucks, I've written emails to them and never got replies. I finally called them today to see what was going on just to find out that they hadn't even started making my order yet! I talked to the same guy as back in July. He tried telling me different reasons/excuses why he couldn't/didn't fill the order. I asked him how much longer I would have to wait and he said a couple more weeks. I am having a hard time believing that. I told him that it would have been nice to hear back from him, and let me know what is going on. I talked to someone else about this and they said they think that he is stalling. I don't want to be "had." I spent a lot of money on this stuff for my cat room!

I had done my research on catwalks for a couple of years and this company always stuck out at me and seemed to be the best, with great reviews and photos from customers too. So I didn't go in on this blindsided. No pun intended since tomorrow is Halloween," but I am starting to feel like I have been "tricked." I am NOT happy. :Angry:

Has anyone else ordered from them before? I would like to hear others' experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:

tessblack

Banned
Can you maybe try and get your money back? I am not sure what you can do but there has to be away to get your cash back or something. Let us know how it turns out.

AngelSphynx

Lairian
*Sigh* I don't know. And the guy (whom I'm guessing runs the business) is not very professional on the phone. He's just not professional period. I thought about asking for my money back. I had such big plans for the things I ordered though. I even had a muralist come out to totally re-do the look of the cat room and what I had him paint goes with this cat furniture that I ordered from KatWallks. I mean, the murals stand on their own and would look fine without the furniture on the walls... but then there goes my vision I created for the room, which I thought was really neat. Maybe I should start looking to see if anyone else can make the same kind of items.

Gizzymom

Banned
I say you go get some 2X4's, L brackets, carpet and carpet glue and make your own!

I wish I was as handy as you, Dawn!!!

Not sure how much you were investing in the cat room, Angelsphynx.. But I have ordered furniture from this company before and have been very pleased. I ordered a tree/condo... but I am posting the link to their wall accessories...

Never heard of that other company... But if you payed with a CC, you can call and dispute the charges and have them reversed since you have waited a reasonable amount of time.

Good luck! :ThumbsUp:

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelSphynx

Lairian
I wish I was as handy as you, Dawn!!!

Not sure how much you were investing in the cat room, Angelsphynx.. But I have ordered furniture from this company before and have been very pleased. I ordered a tree/condo... but I am posting the link to their wall accessories...

Never heard of that other company... But if you payed with a CC, you can call and dispute the charges and have them reversed since you have waited a reasonable amount of time.

Good luck! :ThumbsUp:

I would love to see this other company you speak of! I don't see a link though.

AngelSphynx

Lairian
UPDATE:

Well, I had called him again (don't remember when it was.) I dunno... he was mumbling and saying all sorts of things as to why he hadn't/couldn't send the stuff before now, but he promised to at least send part of my order in two weeks. So 2 weeks came and left...then 3 weeks...and 4... got nothing, heard nothing.

So I went to the bank to try to get my money back. My mom says to me, "You know we could do this ourselves and Aaron (my bro-in-law) can help. It's actually quite easy." (I know nothing about this kind of stuff! lol.) So I went to the bank to try to get my money back. They could not find the transaction. Guess what? I had forgotten I had paid with my PayPal card! (It's not a credit card, more like a debit card.) So I had to find out how to do it through them. Well, through my searching the only way to try to get my money back was by printing out these forms from PayPal and writing in detail what happened, including all conversations, everything... and why you want your money back. I filled them all out, put them in an envelope, ready to go. In the meantime, I send one more email to Katwallks saying how unhappy I was and that he doesn't go through with his promises.

He didn't respond to the email until 4 or 5 days later. I was surprised he wrote and I almost sent those forms out. I didn't send them cause I wanted to add to it about how I contacted him one more time through email with no response. So lucky him! He said he would ship my order "this week," which was near the end of November at that time. I asked him if I would get a tracking number so I know if my items will be shipped.(You know, cause obviously he doesn't go through with what he says.) He said yes and I was relieved when I finally got the tracking number from UPS., although it wasn't shipped "this week", more like "December 7." But, at least it is being shipped and the email from UPS says I will get my packages on Dec. 10, which is tomorrow.

So, I hope I will be very happy when it all comes., especially with all I have been through with this company. I was starting to think I got scammed! ! In the beginning I even told him that I wanted to buy more in the near future but that will NOT be happening now. I am NEVER going back. I will just make them myself. Well, my bro--in-law will. lol. :LOL:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's too bad you had all this trouble with this company/guy, I definitely wouldn't do business with him again, which is sad cuz he has really neat stuff. However, it sounds like your bro-in law can help you out with that, so that is good. I hope you get your entire order from this jerk though. Keep us updated and I wanna see pics of your new cat room!:BigSmile:

emmysmom10

Lairian
I would still send the complaint to the PayPal people! Can't wait to see the cat room when you get it together, maybe the kitties should have a play date:BigSmile:

AngelSphynx

Lairian
ANOTHER UPDATE:

I did get everything exactly as the email said and I have to say, the Katwallks company makes some quality stuff! Very nice! I am very impressed, I just wish their customer service was better. :ThumbsDown: But I am happy. Got a great, top notch product. And I have it all up already! Whoo hoo!! It looks great and the cats LOOOVE it!!

Here are a couple pics! I will post more in an album under my profile soon. I made it so it looks like the kitties are climbing the tree. And the perch on the trunk of the tree I call the "tree house." :)

inthetree.jpg
Katwallks203.jpg

Last edited:

ktate88

Banned
What a story! You are far more patient than I am-- I'm a believer in customer service. I compliment when people do an outstanding job and of course complain when necessary.

The products look good and the cats seem happy. Cool mural!

Back