Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Keeping Cozy

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Everyone in the house loves a good fire! :):)

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-04%20at%208.45.19%20PM.png

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Xandria - Those are so great photos! Your fireplace does look really cozy, and Max and Min love it!!! So glad they are cuddling and getting along well, I love following your posts about them! <3

Ha - Ha - love the dog on the left with head on floor. :hilarious:

Haha...Greyhounds are hilarious. You think they are all regal, and then they are half on the floor, falling off their bed with their tongues out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Aww. Looks so cute!

I love greyhounds! How do they get along with your sphynxes?

Did you have the hounds since they were babies? I've done a lot of reading and the sites say they have a great temperament.

Jen

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi @SphynxKid :)

They get along well with the sphynxes. We adopted both Spitfire and Riot after their racing careers, so they were already 4 and 5 years old when we got them, they are 8 years old now. So the sphynxes grew up with them as they are only 2 now. A lot of greyhounds get along with small dogs and cats, but there are some who have too high of a "prey drive". It just depends on the hound :D
Are you looking at getting a greyhound?

And I think you may of accidentally rated one of my comments in this post as disagree. Heh. I am guessing it was a mistake as I was just thanking two users for their comments.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

They get along well with the sphynxes. We adopted both Spitfire and Riot after their racing careers, so they were already 4 and 5 years old when we got them, they are 8 years old now. So the sphynxes grew up with them as they are only 2 now. A lot of greyhounds get along with small dogs and cats, but there are some who have too high of a "prey drive". It just depends on the hound :D

And I think you may of accidentally rated one of my comments in this post as disagree. Heh. I am guessing it was a mistake as I was just thanking two users for their comments.

Sorry!

I think it is a new feature since I've been missing g a few months. I am unsure how to undo it but will look into it!

Jen

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

I think I undid it.

So, I was always interested in a greyhound but, I know right now, my boy, Moses would not tolerate a canine addition. He doesn't really like dogs. But ever in the future, it would be interesting to know. I have read on the websites the exact same thing you mentioned- the retired racers sometimes have a prey instinct left in them and was always hesitant to look into it when Moses was a kitten. Now, he is my 'dirty bachelor'. He is going to be 11 (oh my goodness), this year, and he is like pig pen from peanuts...a dust cloud follows him. He gets a bath and immediately goes to find a pile of dirt!

I LOVE the temperament of they greyhounds, but Moses is soooooo important to me that I would never put him through attempting to get a dog of any kind at his age.

Jen

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think I undid it.

So, I was always interested in a greyhound but, I know right now, my boy, Moses would not tolerate a canine addition. He doesn't really like dogs. But ever in the future, it would be interesting to know. I have read on the websites the exact same thing you mentioned- the retired racers sometimes have a prey instinct left in them and was always hesitant to look into it when Moses was a kitten. Now, he is my 'dirty bachelor'. He is going to be 11 (oh my goodness), this year, and he is like pig pen from peanuts...a dust cloud follows him. He gets a bath and immediately goes to find a pile of dirt!

I LOVE the temperament of they greyhounds, but Moses is soooooo important to me that I would never put him through attempting to get a dog of any kind at his age.

Jen

Oh yes, I know what you mean Jen! Moses sounds very important to you, and no need to put him through any kind of stress. With Loki and Gatsby they were both kittens who got used to the dogs, so it was easy. Kittens seem to adapt to anything and are so curious. Wouldn't be the same with an 11 year old kitty.

What a character! Haha, like pigpen, that is too cute! He goes and tries to find the dirty areas?? Kind of sounds like when you bathe a dog and then they run right towards the mud puddle. :)

Most of the greyhound adoption groups are great to work with potential adopters and try and find you the "right fit" for your family. So of course if you had a cat, or know you wanted a cat, they would make sure you adopted a dog who is friendly or good with cats.

Sounds like you have a great family right now, and Moses sounds like a cutie. Do you have a photo of him?

-Morgan

Back