Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Keeping in touch

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi everyone! Much like Sydkat, I haven't been on much either. Been a little busy over here. I've been training since the end of March in my new job so I haven't been able to sneak on at work either.

I think the last time I got on here to give an update, I said Stella was going through a flare up with her feline herpes. Well, it seems like it's been happening quite often within the past couple of months. The vet said she could be stressing out from allergies and/or the storms we've had recently. I understand it can be just about anything. They last about a week, and she's clearing up from one as we speak. I just took her e-collar off (I make her wear it while she's flaring to avoid ulcers in the eye, which she has given herself in the past). She went nuts and immediately cleaned her butt and rubbed her eye. Not sure what to do other than doubling up her Lysine and giving her Terramycin during that time. Really sucks :Sad:

Other than that, she's been really healthy! I'm thinking about changing her food to see if the few bumps and "scratches" we're trying to clear up will go away. I changed her litter about a month ago to Yesterday's News, but they still exist. Still trying to figure out the source of it. Looks like there are lots of new people on here! I'll have to do some searches on here for skin issues to see if there have been updates. Sorry, I always type novels on here. lol :Smile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I use Yesterdays News cat litter also.
You should try Duck and Green Pea cat food.
My Wrinkles was getting hives all over and some other things.
Within 5 days of changing food everything went away.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope Stella feels better soon...poor little thing. Maybe M2M's suggestion of a new food may help her. I feed Lysine treats to Piglet whenever she gets her sneezing fits and they seem to help her a lot, but she's never had any skin issues like Stella.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor baby. Are the ulcers very uncomfortable for her? She has a beautiful face.
Hi there! Thanks for the compliment! She has had the ulcers a couple of times during her flare ups and I think they are really uncomfortable. When she has had the ulcers, it seemed like her eye was barely open. Usually when I notice her eyes getting watery and they are squinting, I immediately put that e collar on. I don't want to take the chance like I did at the beginning of this flare up. Her eye wasn't watering that bad and I left it off that day I noticed it. When I came home from work, her eye was swollen! I freaked and went to the vet but thankfully there were no ulcers. There was just a lot of rubbing.

I will have to look into the duck and green pea! I appreciate everyone's advice. Is this a Royal Canin product?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi there! Thanks for the compliment! She has had the ulcers a couple of times during her flare ups and I think they are really uncomfortable. When she has had the ulcers, it seemed like her eye was barely open. Usually when I notice her eyes getting watery and they are squinting, I immediately put that e collar on. I don't want to take the chance like I did at the beginning of this flare up. Her eye wasn't watering that bad and I left it off that day I noticed it. When I came home from work, her eye was swollen! I freaked and went to the vet but thankfully there were no ulcers. There was just a lot of rubbing.

I will have to look into the duck and green pea! I appreciate everyone's advice. Is this a Royal Canin product?
Her flare ups don't sound like fun for either one of you. It's nice of you to share your experiences with everyone. It might help out another Sphynx someday.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope Stella heals up quickly. Poor thing. Fingers and paws crossed for you and her! We're missing you, once your training is done will it free up more time for you to return to us?!? lol
Aww! I'm missing everyone on here too. :Smile: I felt bad being away for a couple of weeks. Been doing more stuff around the house and outside the house. When my training is done at work, I will be able to sneak on more. With the job I was promoted to, I was told by others that they monitor our computer usage a little more. However, I saw people on clothing sites and stuff like that so. . . I would like to think I would be safe getting on during break. :Smile:

Aww! I'm missing everyone on here too. :Smile: I felt bad being away for a couple of weeks. Been doing more stuff around the house and outside the house. When my training is done at work, I will be able to sneak on more. With the job I was promoted to, I was told by others that they monitor our computer usage a little more. However, I saw people on clothing sites and stuff like that so. . . I would like to think I would be safe getting on during break. :Smile:
Well thats cool! We look forward to it.