Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Keeping warm

Sheldon13

Staff member
If it’s particularly cold where you are you can get a pet heated pad or bed. K&H makes several (you can find them on Amazon too)

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Sally Szczech All 4 of ours even as kittens go to bed with us and stay there until the one stinker starts trying to wake me very early in the morning. Ours never roamed the house at night, as they just love th warmth and being with us. 1 sleeps at the fort of the bed and the other 3 are usually under the covers with us or in the middle under blankets.

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Sally Szczech All 4 of ours even as kittens go to bed with us and stay there until the one stinker starts trying to wake me very early in the morning. Ours never roamed the house at night, as they just love th warmth and being with us. 1 sleeps at the fort of the bed and the other 3 are usually under the covers with us or in the middle under blankets.

Who sleeps at the foot? I’m curious now.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Sheldon13 the answer is Jouët. Once in a blue moon she huddles in the middle. After breakfast and I come back to bed, she is all about being up by me. She usually lays on my chest...but night time she prefers her own space to snore in lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My husband is allergic so unfortunately my kitty doesn’t get to sleep in my bed. She has two places she likes to sleep. I have a blanket draped over a chair and she sometimes crawls up under the blanket on the chair. Her second spot is a bed in the spare bedroom. She just crawls under the covers and is roasty toasty warm. I also have blankets on my couch. She seems to be smart enough to crawl under blankets.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sally Szczech , I trained mine like a dog to go to their blankets on the bed at night. all 4 stay there all night :)
I kept a lidded treat jar temporarily by my bed. I told them " bedtime" , tapped on the blankets, as soon as they got on the blanket put down one dry treat on it, then wrapped them up in the blanket with head out. they learned fast and no treats needed in no time. so funny, I say bedtime and they run to the bed, and chirp to be tucked in!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Sally Szczech , I trained mine like a dog to go to their blankets on the bed at night. all 4 stay there all night :)
I kept a lidded treat jar temporarily by my bed. I told them " bedtime" , tapped on the blankets, as soon as they got on the blanket put down one dry treat on it, then wrapped them up in the blanket with head out. they learned fast and no treats needed in no time. so funny, I say bedtime and they run to the bed, and chirp to be tucked in!
I've tried this too, with treats. My trio waits for me in bed, takes the treats and then leave for their nightly adventures. The boys often return to sleep under my covers in the early morning. If the boys are not there, then Siiri is, but never at the same time. She's such a primadonna...

Sally Szczech

Lairian
I love that story, we are due to collect our boys in 10 days and are very excited, but apprehensive too.
They will not be joining me in bed as I have asthma, but i will buy a heated bed and several blankets around the house.
All tips welcome?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sally Szczech , several of us have the K&H heated hooded cat bed. it does take some time to warm up but gives a nice slow warm, I add a little throw blanket in it for them.

some of the K&H beds are self heating too,*** no electrical cord which is a consideration especially with a kitten. sphynx are notorious chewers *** so personally I would opt for a self heating cat bed instead of a corded heated bed. mine still prefer just plain ole 50x60 sherpa throws.

Back