Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ketamine

LucilleBald

Lairian
Hey everyone! So I'm going to be getting my Sphynx spayed in the next couple months and I've heard not to use ketamine. My vet doesn't use gas and has fixed sphynx' before with ketamine. She also called her vet friend in PA who specialized in exotic breeds and he also says he uses ketamine on Sphynx cats. She did recommend some other vets in town that use gas but I really like her has a vet and am scared to trust someone else! What are the issues with ketamine and has anyone else had issues with it?? HELP

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Ketamine can be very dangerous/fatal to a cat with underlying heart issues especially if undetected prior. If your vet does not agree with this, I personally would look for another vet. Feel free to google it. Glad you are researching.

Patti

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Im scared poopless about getting Rosie spayed. I haven't yet discussed with my vet and although I trust him completely, I would go to another vet if he uses ketamine. Glad you are researching this, our babies need us to look out for them. (y)

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oops, sorry, I didn't realise this was an old thread, it popped up at the bottom of another one. Hope this doesn't confuse anyone!

Back