Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kid's Say The Darndest Tings

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My new stroller came in and I tore into the box - set it up - got my water to put in the cup holder and put Dinka in the compartment. Off we went down the street. I was like a proud mommy - all smiling. We went to Bevan's elementary school and one of his classmates said, "Is that a baby?" I said yes, in a way it is. I got closer and the kid said, "WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?' another kid said, "IS IT OK?" another said,"LOOK IT IS A SKINNED CAT!". One kid said "I'VE BEEN TO BEVAN'S HOUSE THOUSANDS OF TIMES AND SEE HIS CAT", a little girl said, "I LIVE ACROSS THE STREET AND THE CAT IS MY BEST FRIEND". How funny. Dinka LOVES his stroller. I will have pictures later. :BigSmile:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dinka loved his stroll. His eyes were big and round - his nose to the breeze and he never did say anything or show a hint of being uncomfortable. It is a hit. I got his on e-bay.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
too cute! Kid are funny... they truly say what they mean... they're similiar to that saying: a drunk mind speaks a sober heart..... yet they're just always sober i guess hehe

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gotta love kids! I have 2 myself and they definately speak their mind (makes for fun family reunions :LOL:). I like the stroller idea- I never thought of that. Nudie would love to see the outdoors. Would love to see the pictures...

BlueGirl

Lairian
hahah thats priceless. I take Loki to visit my parents and we get the train, and being a spoilt little boy Loki likes to be out of his carrier and speaking to everyone or curled up on my sholder. One little boy kept pointing, and saying "look mummy a robot cat!" haha because if it dosnt have hair it must be a robot! classic child logic

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Too cute!!! I wanted to take the girls out today in theirs but it was sort of chilly here in Ohio with the breeze and all. Hopefully this weekend sometime!! I need to get pictures of them with the geese down the street..haha!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hahah thats priceless. I take Loki to visit my parents and we get the train, and being a spoilt little boy Loki likes to be out of his carrier and speaking to everyone or curled up on my sholder. One little boy kept pointing, and saying "look mummy a robot cat!" haha because if it dosnt have hair it must be a robot! classic child logic
Ha, ha....I had a kid say the same thing to Piglet at an Expo we were visiting. The kid was only 4 and as he was petting Piglet, he kept asking me, "Is she a robot cat?" I thought it was because Piglet was sitting so still, but maybe it was her hairlessness, too. :LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha Ha...kids are hilarious! I cant wait to see pictures. I want to get Johnny a stroller so bad but I wonder if he would sit in it and not try to get out
Inferno, I have a pet stroller for Piglet and she likes riding in it so much, she never tries to get out. When I first bought it, I was concerned about the same thing you are but I'm surprised at how still she sits in it. I think she's similar to a little kid riding in one...both pets and kids just like the traveling experience.:Smile: Also, my stroller has a little net that zips up on the front of the stroller so it keeps the animal contained, if that is a concern.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Mine has mesh on it too. My kitties never try to get out tho unless I'm walking them in our yard...if we go walking on sidewalks or down the road they sit right there!

ktate88

Banned
OMG, this may be the solution to my dilemia! I love to go on walks at the park, and like to go with friends and coworkers. I felt sure Niles would like to go, but was trying to decide the best way to go about this. Seems like a stroller may solve the problem!

Has anyone ever tried the papoose type things? I have used one for a daucshound before but his head poked out. I don't think Niles would appreciate that...

OR, has anyone used the purse like carriers? Again I don't think Niles will tolerate that for stores, but I'd love to take him...!!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Gleek's carrier velcros onto a stroller base. He loves it and sits nicely with his head sticking out the top. There is also a strap inside the carrier that clips onto his harness too just in case he decides to try to get out when I'm not looking.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This thread is priceless and I have no idea how I missed it until now. All of these stories cracked me up.