Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kiki and Wiki

britty3189

Lairian
Here are a few pictures of Kiki and Wiki. I don't have many black and whites of Kiki because he doesn't like to sit still for the camera like Wiki does.

2jpeg.jpg

6peg.jpg

Kikerzpeg.jpg

Gizzymom

Banned
I agree with Marlene!! The babies are gorgeous, but you have captured them so well with your photograpy!! I am getting myself a new camera for xmas (but probably on black friday). Would love to know what kind of camera / technique you used for these photos!! Just gorgeous!! I am leaning toward the Nikon D3000, but am open to suggestions ...:Laugh:

Inferno12

Banned
I agree with Marlene!! The babies are gorgeous, but you have captured them so well with your photograpy!! I am getting myself a new camera for xmas (but probably on black friday). Would love to know what kind of camera / technique you used for these photos!! Just gorgeous!! I am leaning toward the Nikon D3000, but am open to suggestions ...:Laugh:

The Canon T2i is the way to go!

Welcome to the Lair, you have beautiful babies!

Inferno12

Banned

The Canon T2i is the way to go!

Welcome to the Lair, you have beautiful babies!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love the black & white photos they really show the sphynx details. Your babies are so beautiful!

britty3189

Lairian
Thank you everyone.

I really don't know much about cameras, especially if you're looking for a digital SLR. For these photos, however, I used a Fujifilm FinePix Z20fd. This camera is currently discontinued, but it was definitely my favorite camera out of all the ones I've had. The standard "auto" settings gave an OK picture, nothing I would blow up and hang on my walls or anything, but once I got the camera and tailored it to take better quality pictures, it really did a good job. I can't tell you in technical terms what has the best technology or anything, I can just tell you what takes a good picture lol.

I also got Photoshop Elements 7.0 with my computer, because while I'm not a huge photographer, I do like the option of occasionally getting rid of that nasty blemish that came at the worst time, or being able to tweak the colors and stuff like that.

For starters, these pictures were taken with no artificial light or flash, just natural sunlight from my windows. We watched and "talked" to the birds for a little bit, and then went in the bedroom to roll around in the sunlight.

When I uploaded the pictures into Photoshop, I first tweaked the lighting and contrast in the images to my liking. Then I sharpened them just enough to make the details of their faces and their wrinkles stand out. After that it was just a matter of using the Red Filter and blowing up the images so I could get a clean, crisp section of color where I wanted it.

Gizzymom

Banned
AAAAAKKKKKK......Nikon?!?!?!?!? Nooooooooo, friends don't let friends use Nikon!!! Go with a Canon :ThumbsUp:

Why no Nikon? Their reputation is just as good as canon and I have three friends (2 pro photographers) that would use nothing but Nikon.

Bad experience?

Back