Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kikis Hate My Binky

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK so I bought this new throw that is beige, textured like a curly rex and feels as soft as a cloud. I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT! Now that the weather is cooler I could not wait to snuggle with Choco and Dinka this evening. Dinka nor Choco would have anything to do with the new throw. I tried holding each cat, one haired then one naked, and they HATE it. Could not wait to GET OUT of my lap. So I tried a greeny treat (knowing they can't resist). I put the greeny treat on top of the throw which was on my lap. Each cat tried every approach they could think of, to get the treat, and not put a paw on the throw. Greedy guts overcame each feline and a neck was stretched as far as it could then a paw tapped on the throw then finally rested in it's uncomfortable position with the other paw poised and not touching the disgusting texture of the THROW. Treat was snatched and taken to a safe area on the sofa.

Dear Sphynx enthusiasts and gurus - how can I make my felines love my throw like I do. It is soooo soft.:Smile::Cry::Dizzy:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry to hear the kikis hate your new blanket- it sounds super comfy to me:BigSmile:
Maybe it has some kind of smell to them that you don't notice. If it's the texture, can you flip it over so they don't see that side?

Gizzymom

Banned
OK so I bought this new throw that is beige, textured like a curly rex and feels as soft as a cloud. I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT! Now that the weather is cooler I could not wait to snuggle with Choco and Dinka this evening. Dinka nor Choco would have anything to do with the new throw. I tried holding each cat, one haired then one naked, and they HATE it. Could not wait to GET OUT of my lap. So I tried a greeny treat (knowing they can't resist). I put the greeny treat on top of the throw which was on my lap. Each cat tried every approach they could think of, to get the treat, and not put a paw on the throw. Greedy guts overcame each feline and a neck was stretched as far as it could then a paw tapped on the throw then finally rested in it's uncomfortable position with the other paw poised and not touching the disgusting texture of the THROW. Treat was snatched and taken to a safe area on the sofa.

Dear Sphynx enthusiasts and gurus - how can I make my felines love my throw like I do. It is soooo soft.:Smile::Cry::Dizzy:

Candys... is it kind of shiny?? Like this?

bd_sw_silkyball_choco.jpg

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Idea:I know what to do. I need to rub it on my boobs. YES. I caught Choco entangled in my bra the other day. Those cats must love bobbie smell. You think that might work - after I wash it?:ThumbsUp::BigSmile:

Gizzymom

Banned
No not shiny just a nice matt finish - like a curly rex cat coat. I will wash it and see what happens. It is just dad burn wierd. I have a mauve chennille blanket that my last Sphynx loved so much that he would - um - hump it. EWWWW. :BigSmile::Wink:

Was asking because I bought a kitty bed "cloud" that was a super soft curly "fur" that was sort of shiny. I tought it was one of the softest things I had ever felt... But Gizzy wanted NO part of it... would NOT touch it!! LOL

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Was asking because I bought a kitty bed "cloud" that was a super soft curly "fur" that was sort of shiny. I tought it was one of the softest things I had ever felt... But Gizzy wanted NO part of it... would NOT touch it!! LOL

AWWWWWWE - so sorry Gizzy did not like it. You had great intentions.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Idea:I know what to do. I need to rub it on my boobs. YES. I caught Choco entangled in my bra the other day. Those cats must love bobbie smell. You think that might work - after I wash it?:ThumbsUp::BigSmile:

If you love the new blanket that much, I would rub whatever you have to on it:LOL:

susi794

Staff member
I have an idea--try to keep them off it. That would make it irresistable to mine. Wait til someone jumps on your lap or they get sleepy then wrap them up in it so they know it's a nice blanky...gosh, I don't know.
Catnip? Mine LOVE any blanky I am trying to use.

Back