Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Killing Mike the monkey

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Woke up in the middle of the night to find Esso prowling the head board. At least I know now who's killing Mike the monkey....

IMG_20190106_012126.jpg
IMG_20190106_012227.jpg
IMG_20190106_012332.jpg

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah, my boys have the bad habit of living it up when it's sleep time. Then they work each other up and it's a circus, for hours. Last night I almost threw them out in the snow (not). It's like they are children who ate too much sugar before bedtime. I have to find a way to put a stop to this madness, I start work tomorrow....

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Zab
Poor mike to monkey lol

For the circus crew here I trained them like a dog to a bed -
A jar of treats ( yes or they tear up the bag) kept by the bed .

Blankies on bed
Call the wild childs , tap on their blankie
Praise and treat
Tuck like burritos x4
Ahhhh I can sleep!

Of course once they quickly got the hang of it I stopped the treats .
Now just call and tap! Yoda chirps and waits for me to cover him

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab
Poor mike to monkey lol

For the circus crew here I trained them like a dog to a bed -
A jar of treats ( yes or they tear up the bag) kept by the bed .

Blankies on bed
Call the wild childs , tap on their blankie
Praise and treat
Tuck like burritos x4
Ahhhh I can sleep!

Of course once they quickly got the hang of it I stopped the treats .
Now just call and tap! Yoda chirps and waits for me to cover him
Sounds like music to my ears! I'm gonna try it out. We got an electric blanket that I put on in the middle of our bed, but only one of the trio comes. If the others are running around, the little one joins.... Siiri has not yet come to bed since Esso moved in, but she is not the circus problem, she's a good girl and finds her own spot in the livingroom. The boys are flying around the bedroom like monkeys, over me, on me and around me. It's crazy...

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Zab I can relate to bedtime zoomies in the beginning the many owwww **++ that hurts
As they went warp 8 across my piercings

Positive vibes for peace n sleep!

Head smooches !

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab I can relate to bedtime zoomies in the beginning the many owwww **++ that hurts
As they went warp 8 across my piercings

Positive vibes for peace n sleep!

Head smooches !
And those races.... it sounds like a herd of elephants running around, or maybe it's just how our house is built ...it's just impossible to ignore. Yes, positive vibes just came my way, thanx! (y)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL. That Esso! Although it looks like Mike is pretty much in one piece… And hopefully will continue to be.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a dog toy vulture sitting on top of the fireplace, that gets unceremoniously dumped (sent flying!) the moment Pixie gets up there.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The kitten stage is c-r-a-z-y. I feed them a snack right before bed time. For me that works better than playing with them. Lights out helps too; I like to read in bed but as long as it's on my tablet and I turn off the lights, they just curl under the blanket to sleep. If I keep the light on they are too woke.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The kitten stage is c-r-a-z-y. I feed them a snack right before bed time. For me that works better than playing with them. Lights out helps too; I like to read in bed but as long as it's on my tablet and I turn off the lights, they just curl under the blanket to sleep. If I keep the light on they are too woke.
Yes, the kitten stage is awesome in one way and crazy at the same time. I tend to fall asleep with the tv on, maybe I should just turn everything off so that it's dark... every good idea is welcomed!

TatyanaMassey

Lairian
Franklin is definitely a naughty kitten at bedtime as well! I simultaneously love and hate the kitten stage. What helps for me right now is when its time to settle down for the night, instead of going straight to bed, I will sit in my armchair with a comfy blankie and Franklin will come join me. Once hes settled down and still for about 20 minutes, I pick him up and carry him upstairs to bed, shove him under the covers, and most of the time he stays there after hes already calm. Also wishing you more peaceful nights in the future lol

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Franklin is definitely a naughty kitten at bedtime as well! I simultaneously love and hate the kitten stage. What helps for me right now is when its time to settle down for the night, instead of going straight to bed, I will sit in my armchair with a comfy blankie and Franklin will come join me. Once hes settled down and still for about 20 minutes, I pick him up and carry him upstairs to bed, shove him under the covers, and most of the time he stays there after hes already calm. Also wishing you more peaceful nights in the future lol
Yes, I'm familiar with the zombie state. It has been going on since the first cat moved in.... I just love them too much to change the status quo! Hopefully things change with time, when they grow into their big boy pants and Esso gets fixed sometime in the near future. I just know that a week of no sleeping through the night make me a zombie. All three of them are still kittens and it's only my good girl Siiri that understands the concept of beauty sleep...

Back