Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

JojoCatMama

Lairian
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you all an update of Merlin and Tansy.

Both kittens have been doing great, except that on Sunday we noticed Merlin had a sizable lump on his tail. Feeling it, it was hard and I guessed some sort of fracture or maybe a hard abscess.

Hubby took him to the vet today because Merlin stopped eating his food this morning (a huge pain indicator for our Mister Piggy who normally eats everything). Our vet gave us painkillers and told us to wait a week to see if the tail heals on its own. She wants to avoid surgery if possible, and apparently cats tails don't get splints.

So hopefully Merlin will get some relief and gain his appetite back soon!

Attachments

• IMG_1053.JPG
    IMG_1053.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 58

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor darling. Molly had the same thing in the summer, it took awhile for the lump to eventually go away (like 6 weeks), but same thing, drugs and time. Glad you got it checked, those injuries can get serious

JojoCatMama

Lairian
Poor darling. Molly had the same thing in the summer, it took awhile for the lump to eventually go away (like 6 weeks), but same thing, drugs and time. Glad you got it checked, those injuries can get serious

Wow, it took 6 weeks for the lump to go away? That's a long time! Thanks for sharing :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Extremities usually take longer to heal, my assumption is due to circulation. A break normal takes 6 weeks on the average...hang in there.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Poor Merlin. Silly kitty. Sounds like things are on the mend, even if they take time. Sending healing vibes Merlin's way!

Back