Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kisa is hesitant to use the litter box

Tale Grude

Lairian
Hi!

Ok, I know I bombard the forum with questions A LOT lately, and I'm sorry about that.. Hehe. But, the past 2-3 Kisa has been a little hestitant to use the litter box. She goes in and then jumps out again. I seems like she waits until she can't hold it any longer before she uses it. And it seems like her poop has gotten softer as well. She got it on her paw and ended up getting it all over the floor cause it was so soft. Usually it doesn't stick to her paws if she were to step in it.

It has not been a problem at all up until now. It may not be a problem at all though, it may just be me overthinking it, but I still wanted to hear what you think. I have checked all the typical things than can make cats avoid using the litter box. It's clean, no clumps, it's in a quiet place, she has never had a problem with the litter, the box is the right size. Everything is how it should be. As for the poo thing, I haven't changed her food or anything and it has been fine so far. I have maybe given her a little more treats lately, cause I have been training her, but I have given her the same amount of treats before without it effecting anything.

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No worries about the questions that is what everyone is here for!! Maybe she doesn't like the litter. Hairry hates when I changed litter to Yesterdays News (pellets). My Fuzzy (5mo old) dose not cover anything he deposits in the kitty box and then he walks in it with his back feet. He did this just last night at 2am then wanted to snuggle...... NOPE we went to the kitchen for a 2am feet washing in the sink. A little bit of pumpkin will firm up the poop too. Fuzzy had a pancake poops (loose stool) on Sunday after we were gone for the weekend. I think it was stress.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sorry your baby is having litterbox issues. Does she have a uti? Sometime they avoid the box because
they associate that with pain, if they are having problems. Maybe the (more treats) has caused the
softer poo. Hope things get better.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
As long as she is going in the box eventually, I would give in another day or so to see. Are you seeing the normal amount of poop and pee in it?

patti