Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitten Clothes

BlueGirl

Lairian
Hey there I'm new here. I'm getting my first little sphynx in june! I'm so excited, He's a little black and white boy, soooo cute! I've been having great fun buying lots of fun things for him.

I've never been someone to buy clothes for pets but then all my other pets are furry, so I thought it might be good to get a little jumper for my new sweetie, incase of cold nights or power cuts or whatever.

When I get him he'll be 12 weeks old, so I was wondering if I got a large size ferret jumper would it fit him, aleast for a month or two untill he grows into dog sizes?

Thanks
Kate

ckutkuhn7

Banned
hmm hard telling - They might work but may fit a little "off" due to a ferret being slinkier than a kitten. Once you get him be sure to check out Snuffie's Fashions on the SphynxLair mall - I'd be happy to make something custom fit for him! Congrats on your new kitty. I can't wait to see pics!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kate and welcome! You are going to love having a sphynx:ThumbsUp:
I am not to sure about ferret cloths fitting but I do know we have some members that make cloths to fit your baby's size.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Awesome! I'm also getting a little black and white boy on or before july 3rd! Here he is:

picture.php

When my first Sphynx Kreacher was a kitten, I used socks I didn't care about, cut the closed end off, and cut holes for the front legs. Kittens grow FAST! So I wouldn't waste too much money on actually buying clothes until they are full grown (about a year old). If you are interested in clothes though just do a search for Dog Clothes, they even have them on Ebay for cheap. Unfortunately theres not many stores that sell actual cat clothes. When Kreacher was a kitten (9 weeks old) the XXS dog stuff fit him, now at 1 year he's just a small. If your not sure about sizes most places have measurement charts. Also we have some lovely members of Sphynxlair who make sweaters, and stuff.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
When your on the home page and scroll all the way to the bottom of the threads,,there you find the Mall, Pretty Kitty makes handmade sweaters that are gorgeous and I make actual pet clothing.

BlueGirl

Lairian
When your on the home page and scroll all the way to the bottom of the threads,,there you find the Mall, Pretty Kitty makes handmade sweaters that are gorgeous and I make actual pet clothing.

Thats really great, i get the feeling I'll be buying lots from you in the future :BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on your new sphynx and welcome to the site.
I also have a black and white sphynx.
I bought clothes before I had my first sphynx and they were way to big or to small.
I will be ordering clothes from the people on this site soon.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and congrats on your new baby! Cant wait to see pics when you get him!

You can also look under the product reviews and there are a few clothes sites on there too!

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Oooh, Scottland! Your country is beautiful! I was fortunate to visit there in the late 80's and the people were just so kind.

Congrats on your new kitten. One of my kittens should be home very soon and I don't have any tshirts purchased. Like you, I just can't figure out the kitten sizes. I decided I really need to see her first. We have a tiny dog who has a ton of shirts so I might get away repurposing a few of those!

I forgot about the sock idea!
Thanks for the reminder!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi and welcome BlueGirl!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new boy...mine is a blue and white tux called Mug-Y

X

holly_savage

Banned
Don't feel bad about asking for more pictures, you just don't want to miss out on any of it...I know I was the same way...and I picked her out at 3 weeks...the breeder was sending me a couple of new pics every week or 2 at the most!
And it was absolutely crazy how happy seeing that email from her with an attachment! I get all the girls in the office to come and share them with me.

Back