Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

kitten fever!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Me too! Please someone send me a sphynx kitten to my home where he/she will be raised in a loving and caring environment. I know that you won't ask for any money because you know what a great person I am. Oh, and Butterball needs a friend.

You probably said before but are you getting or did you just get a new kitteh LuLu?

I recently adopted a 6 year old female from a customer that couldn't keep her. I have never had a sphynx before and I'm OBSESSED! I reaaaaaaaaally want a kitten! I have always had rescues and it's been a long time since I have had a fur(less) baby! I live in South Dakota though and there are no breeders near here. I think Minnesota or Nebraska might be the closest.... or Colorado. I am in no rush but I hope to have a kitten someday. I want to have one to bond with from babyhood and Peaches might need a friend as well :BigSmile: I have never purchases a pet from a breeder, so I would be new to that whole scene as well.

Just putting it out there :) I want to adopt a baby!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kittens are the best....but I think the next one I get is going to be a rescue. I just feel like I should try to help out in some way.

Kittens are the best....but I think the next one I get is going to be a rescue. I just feel like I should try to help out in some way.
That's why I have always rescued. Somehow I doubt I will ever find a Sphynx kitten in need of rescue but a girl can dream :BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Do not worry about breeders in your area.
Two of mine are from the east coats and the other San Diego.
Rescues are goo but you do not know the history and so many end up with HCM and so many problems.

True that Mews! It's not that I want there to be Sphynx in need of rescuing either... in a perfect world all the animals would have happy homes! I just would love to adopt a kitten someday *sigh*:Laugh:

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The best would be to get a pregnant sphynx rescue! Then you could have a bunch of kittens to play with. I don't know how you would get anything done. Heck I am busy checking on Suzi and Jinxlover's posts everyday and living vicarously through them. I have laughed, cried and prayed.

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
lol i know the feeling!!!! no more for me untill the far future!!!I have the 4 chi chis alot of work!!!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'll hop on this train too. I want another baby so badly!! Unfortunately, Bayleigh & Blue only tolerate each other as it is. I'm too scared of making it worse to add another one to the mix but yet I want another very much! All of you whose kitties all get along and groom each other & sleep next to each other are so lucky. Guess I'll just admire everyone else's kittens for now :ThumbsUp:

i have kitten fever, too, and i don't even have my first one, yet! :LOL:

i really wish i could get kimo a sphynx companion, but there's no way i'll be able to buy one from a breeder again. maybe someday i'll get lucky and find a rescue that needs a wonderful, loving home to spoil it rotten!

Did you find one yet? Are you looking aggressivly yet?:LOL:
I have been looking alot and day dreaming :) little Peaches is still settling in so I better not rush anything. She is finally starting to venture out of the bedroom more and I hope as the weather gets warmer she will be feeling rejuvenated, secure and more playful. I also think I will be moving at the beginning of August. I need a place with two bedrooms where I can have two (or more) pets and a nice yard for my son to play in. I miss owning my own home :Cry: Lastly, I think I will start a "sphynx savings" and set aside money for a kitten. That way when I reach my goal I can reward myself with a KITTTTEEEEEN YAY! Sorry this is so long winded, can you tell I haven't thought about this a bit :LOL:

P.S. I think I might prefer black/white or blue/white... but I have not seen a single sphynx that isn't remarkable!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well I am sure she will get better and more comfortable soon. Of course she may be nervous again when you do move. You got the right idea about saving up! Good luck they are very addicting!:Wink:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I so know how you feel! I would love a kitten as mine is an 8 year old rescue...but unfortunately Mug-Y doesn't appear to tolerate ANYthing (expect Brian the lizard) so I think it's a bit of a no go :ThumbsDown: I too live vicariously through everyone elses kitten joy! :ThumbsUp:

X

I so know how you feel! I would love a kitten as mine is an 8 year old rescue...but unfortunately Mug-Y doesn't appear to tolerate ANYthing (expect Brian the lizard) so I think it's a bit of a no go :ThumbsDown: I too live vicariously through everyone elses kitten joy! :ThumbsUp:

X
This probably what I need to do too :Smile: I just like to daydream.

Sphynx kittens are great! But I was wondering, is there a big difference in their personality as they age? The last time I had a kitten I was 5.