Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

kitten hair

susi794

Staff member
I have a problem--do I take a 7 mos. old cat that doesn't exactly fit my time line or the baby kitten that l0oks pretty darn fuzzy?
Anyone heard of a kitten being hairy and then losing it as they mature? Or is it hairy kitten, hairy adult?

Your opinions please

gizmo6370

Banned
I think if she is fuzzy now....it gonna stay that way and maybe even get worse.....i saw it with our Storm....he was a bit fuzzy when we met him the first time ( 12 weeks old ) and he is now about 10 months old and he has a pretty furry tail :Dizzy:

pinupcats

Lairian
I think if she is fuzzy now....it gonna stay that way and maybe even get worse.....i saw it with our Storm....he was a bit fuzzy when we met him the first time ( 12 weeks old ) and he is now about 10 months old and he has a pretty furry tail :Dizzy:

I agree, if the kitten is fuzzy now, unless it's a peterbald, it will more than likely remain fuzzy.

If you are in doubt about taking the kitten, my advice would be to wait or find another breeder to purchase a kitten from. Taking a kitten that is not exactly what you want may lead to you having regrets latter.

Hope this helps,
Cyndee

susi794

Staff member
Thanks everybody--decided to go with the naked 7 mos. old. She's gorgeous! Just thought a younger kit might be easier to assimilate, but had to go with my gut--and bald is beautiful!

Back