Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cinderstar95

Lairian
Hello!
I have a four and a half month old red tabby girl named Arora. She is a very busy little girl and I am certain that I am posting this in part of an over reaction, but what what could be indicated by hind leg shaking? She often shakes her back legs like she has something stuck on her foot, but there isn't when I go to check. She does this often and it doesn't seem to bother her. She runs around all day with my three year old sphynx boy, pushing him around with all of her five pound might. She has a breathing rate of about 25 breaths per min and snores slightly at night. I worry because she has some minor discharge from her eyes and has since I got her nearly a month ago, but not now nor ever has it seemed to slow her down. She eats well and usually has normal stools, only the occasional loose stool and never diarrhea.
in mid December I took her to the vet for vaccinations and she got a clean bill of health. I really only worry because I recently lost my eight month old sphynx to a dry FIP, and earlier this year my two and a half year old to rectal prolapsing and severe IBD. My Male has a herpes diagnosis and had surgery for a corneal sequestrum and treatment for ulcers in both eyes in September of this year, months before I got her. He is doing perfectly wonderful now and loves Rora.
Should I worry or am I likely over reacting?
Logic tells me that she is probably fine and Im over reacting, but I often like to hear of others experiences.
Thanks All!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!
I have a four and a half month old red tabby girl named Arora. She is a very busy little girl and I am certain that I am posting this in part of an over reaction, but what what could be indicated by hind leg shaking? She often shakes her back legs like she has something stuck on her foot, but there isn't when I go to check. She does this often and it doesn't seem to bother her. She runs around all day with my three year old sphynx boy, pushing him around with all of her five pound might. She has a breathing rate of about 25 breaths per min and snores slightly at night. I worry because she has some minor discharge from her eyes and has since I got her nearly a month ago, but not now nor ever has it seemed to slow her down. She eats well and usually has normal stools, only the occasional loose stool and never diarrhea.
in mid December I took her to the vet for vaccinations and she got a clean bill of health. I really only worry because I recently lost my eight month old sphynx to a dry FIP, and earlier this year my two and a half year old to rectal prolapsing and severe IBD. My Male has a herpes diagnosis and had surgery for a corneal sequestrum and treatment for ulcers in both eyes in September of this year, months before I got her. He is doing perfectly wonderful now and loves Rora.
Should I worry or am I likely over reacting?
Logic tells me that she is probably fine and Im over reacting, but I often like to hear of others experiences.
Thanks All!
Hi and welcome! Is it a tremor? Or when they lift their leg sort of high and "kick it" in the air a bit. Can you catch a video of it and share it here? Instagram, Facebook or Youtube will work, just paste the URL into the post. If its the "kick" - ours do it once in a blue moon and if thats the case with yours, I wouldn't worry too much unless its becomes more frequent, then perhaps a vet visit is in line. She is declawed? This could cause that issue as well. :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Ours shake their feet like admin mentions getting litter out from between their toes. A real burst of kicks.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Cinderstar95 welcome to sphynxlair. So sorry for the loss of your two babies. FIP and IBD are such awful diseases. And then also your male who needed surgery. Pfew, I can imagine you worry about the health of Arora and your boy a lot.
I have three sphynxes and the one that is most active, Ross, shakes with his legs a lot also. He's perfectly healthy and not in pain. I ask the vet and she said some cats to this. Don't know what the reason is.
Sounds like your Arora is also a leg shaker without any health problems.

Would love to see a pic of Arora and your boy!

Natasja

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Good advice given. If your, very concerned, a Vet
visit would make you feel better.

Back