Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitten identification on newly kitten

Teemarie

Lairian
Was given this beautiful, loving guy, 2 weeks ago. No info was given on him. We're thinking he's 6 months old.Im bringing him to vet to have him vaccinated. I've already wormed him. His appetite is tremendous. I will post pics of his testies they are not huge,that's why I'm thinking he's young.

Attachments

• 20230912_145226.jpg
    20230912_145226.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230913_181304_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230913_181304_Gallery.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 19

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Many breeders recommend spaying/neutering at 6 months or 5 pounds whichever comes first. Please update us…congrats on your new baby. Oh and don’t forget to bring a poop sample when you go for your wellness vet check. @Teemarie

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Teemarie , welcome to the lair family! happy gotcha.. what is his name? all paws are family. how did the vet visit go? he is adorable!
did you vet talk about neutering? I neuter 6 mos /5 lb rule per my vet to curb hormones kicking in and marking.
be sure to tell your vet to mark charts NO Ketamine anesthesia . It can have a rebound effect on heart if there is an unknown underlying heart condition. my vet will use gas inhalant isoflurane or similiar. I always ask what they use. Males bounce back quickly from neuter as it is a relatively fast procedure.

we are here for you. glad you found use! hugs n head smooches!

here is a great info center we all refer to. please do not hesitate to ask questions.

sharing:

btw, what is his favorite toy? silliest habit?
he is stunningly handsome.. did they mention if sphynx or peterbald? he is soo regal!

1695226715816.png

Last edited:

Teemarie

Lairian
@Teemarie , welcome to the lair family! happy gotcha.. what is his name? all paws are family. how did the vet visit go? he is adorable!
did you vet talk about neutering? I neuter 6 mos /5 lb rule per my vet to curb hormones kicking in and marking.
be sure to tell your vet to mark charts NO Ketamine anesthesia . It can have a rebound effect on heart if there is an unknown underlying heart condition. my vet will use gas inhalant isoflurane or similiar. I always ask what they use. Males bounce back quickly from neuter as it is a relatively fast procedure.

we are here for you. glad you found use! hugs n head smooches!

here is a great info center we all refer to. please do not hesitate to ask questions.

sharing:

btw, what is his favorite toy? silliest habit?
he is stunningly handsome.. did they mention if sphynx or peterbald? he is soo regal!

View attachment 112448
Was told he's a donskoy

Back