Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitten Shivering

for_serious

Lairian
I picked up my new kitten three days ago and I've been noticing some shivering when I pick him up while standing. He's totally fine when on my lap if I'm on the bed or floor... but as soon as I stand and start walking around he starts to shiver. I know he's not cold because I waited until he was toasty warm in a blanket and then picked him up in the blanket and he continued to shiver. Is this normal?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
hmm I don't claim to know it all but maybe its a nerve thing. Snuffie does that sometimes when we take her out of her eliment such as in the car. She will tend to shiver some and we keep the car very warm so I know she can't be cold so I tend to blame it on nerves. Others will have more input, goodluck with him!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Our kittens shiver and shake a little when you pick them up, it's the height thing, thats way up high for the little ones and there still a bit frightened when picked up or moved from room to room, this will get better in time. Just cuddle them close to your body when picking up or walking with them until they get used to it. Do make sure that is all it is, if it only happens when picked up that is probably normal.:Laugh:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep I think he's just a little scared! Mo does it occassionally if sometthing takes him by surprise!

for_serious

Lairian
Our kittens shiver and shake a little when you pick them up, it's the height thing, thats way up high for the little ones and there still a bit frightened when picked up or moved from room to room, this will get better in time. Just cuddle them close to your body when picking up or walking with them until they get used to it. Do make sure that is all it is, if it only happens when picked up that is probably normal.:Laugh:

Oh! Ok thanks, that gives me some peace of mind.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've noticed the same thing as the others- Sophie shivers when she's nervous/scared. When I take her to places she's not familiar with she shakes.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu used to do that if he didnt feel secure while being carried or around noisy cars when he was a kitten. Just try to give a secure feeling when picking up and carrying and do it often so they get accustomed. Always support the bottom and hold close to your body. You can even pop him in a human snugly and walk around outside. Nofuratu loves going for walks in his snuggly.

Back