Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitten specific kibble vs. all life stages

kibaspirit

Lairian
Hello,

My breeder had my kitten on Royal Canin kitten kibble/wet food. We brought him home with a supply for now. We planned on switching to Taste of the Wild (which is formulated for all life stages), but she suggested a kitten specific formula. I am considering keeping him on this mix (though it is a bit more expensive for my budget). What do you all think? Has anyone fed an "all life stages" for their kitten?

Thank you!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Head smooches to Oogi
Glad you are researching and planning on a slow transition
Surely kitten mums n dad’s will chime in .
(I did try taste of the wild with my first sphynx but she had poo issues on it )
And my adult sphynx too

Just to share , Switched my crew years ago to Nutrisource cat and kitten formula In the blue bag - no recalls - and no poo or skin issues and my most picky boy loves it too
Just figured I would share to add it to your list to research

I get it online at K9Cuisine - reasonable price too - it is not sold in big box stores but there is a store locator on the website

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Finding a good food that fits your budget is important! I did feed my boys Royal Canin Kitten untill they were 10 months old. I don't know the taste of wild all stages. Maybe check the ingredients of both brands to see if there are a lot of differences or not?

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just want to recommend to look for recalls on the brands you're considering. There are a lot of recalls these days, mostly on dog food, but since the same companies make both cat and dog food it's worth considering.