Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitten Video

Lyra's 2nd day with us

Finally I got the hang of this. Thank you! I feel so silly, it was so simple.

Anyways, this is Lyra on her 2nd night with us, coming out of her shell. She is still hissing at our dog but getting closer and closer to him. And she is exploring more and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Lyra Video

She is so full of sass! She is getting more and more relaxed every moment. I am working on her becoming a little more independent. I know it is a big adjustment not being with her mother and sister, so she needs us around. So we spend a lot of time with her, but also are trying to give her some time to herself, like right now. She is napping downstairs, but can still see me if she likes. Our computer is up in the loft that looks out onto the living room.

By the way, oh my gosh! She got filthy SO QUICKLY! You guys weren't kidding! Less than 24 hours after her bath she was dirty again! It's so funny! I never would have believed it without seeing it for myself. :LOL: How often is too often for baths? :LOL: Thank goodness for the wipes.

Last edited:
J

Jinxlover

Re: Lyra Video

She is a doll!!
Blueberry is always a mess, I have to give her a bath every 3 days:Dizzy:.

She is so stinkin cute! I love how she was attacking the cam, so precious! Congrats on your new addition!
Haha! I know! Isn't she a stinker? She is becoming more interested in our dog and I know it is just a matter of time before she terrorizes him. :LOL:

Congrats! She is adorable! Today is Nyiah's 3rd day home. She has been acting the same way. I haven't introduced her to "Dink" (our Frenchie) yet as she is still trying to fight off Gio (our male Sphynx).
As far as baths go... You can pretty much bathe them as often as you want. I have noticed that Gio doesn't need a bath as often because he has alot of peach fuzz which keeps the dirt from collecting.
You will notice once she is completely clean you wont have to bathe her as much. I try to keep our floors/blankets etc clean so they don't collect as much dirt either.
I prefer to use Johnson & Johnson Calming (Lavender) bath wash. I think it helps them relax and of course makes them smell wonderful.
I'm so happy you have a wonderful baby girl!:Adore: