Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitten Waves...

cchloerun

Banned
Ok, this is an ongoing inside joke between my boyfriend and I. No matter whAt time of day it is, when our nakeds come to cuddle with us, we fall asleep in a second! We were laughing one day about them sending alpha sleep brain waves to us and making us conk out, so now we say, "going to catch some kitten waves" when going to bed haha!

Anyone else notice these kitten waves?

PitRottMommy

Banned
Not so much kitten waves, but I do realize that every time I'm in bed...so are they. It do sleep harder once I get to sleep, but I'm no faster at getting there :)

Moonstone

Lairian
No, I've not noticed that.
But it is proven that the "rrrrrrrrrrrrr" ( the purr sound ?) makes people more quiet, destressed and then...possible to fall asleep ?

:BigSmile:

Brooke

Banned
I don't get the kitty waves from my current cat, Walter. He's so hyper, he's usually running across my head, keeping me awake.

But my previous sphynx, Harold. Oh man...I would settle on the couch to watch TV, and he would lay on my lap. All of a sudden my eyelids would get very heavy, and there was nothing I could do to fight it off. I used to say he was sucking the life out of me. Yes, I definitely got the kitty waves from Harold!

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I must say the warmth of my mans body and purrrr, plus the fact I feel guilty if I move when hes laying on me, knock me out! Looking him at peace I think helps me relax...

PitRottMommy

Banned
I don't get the kitty waves from my current cat, Walter. He's so hyper, he's usually running across my head, keeping me awake.

But my previous sphynx, Harold. Oh man...I would settle on the couch to watch TV, and he would lay on my lap. All of a sudden my eyelids would get very heavy, and there was nothing I could do to fight it off. I used to say he was sucking the life out of me. Yes, I definitely got the kitty waves from Harold!

I don't have a lap kitty...I have a leg kitty. I always cross my feet when I'm reclined. Baldwin found this to be one of the better spots because he used to be able to lay there and back up under my laptop when I had it on my lap. I guess it was very warm and he's never left that spot. Anytime I'm sitting, he's up here on my legs.

Last winter while I was making christmas gifts:
100_9313.jpg

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Cchloerun, I think there may be something to your "kitten waves" theory. One time I brought my cat Piglet with me to one of my physical therapy sessions with a physical therapist. Piglet seemed to like all the good vibes in the room, so she just laid there with me on the therapy table, purring away. I usually have a hard time relaxing for the session but with Piglet there, I was as limp as a cooked noodle and almost dozing off. Fortunately, the therapist had a good sense of humor about Piglet being there and said that she was helping with the therapy. I did feel much better after that particular session than the ones I've had without Piglet. :BigSmile:

Back