Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitty blackheads

KKristen61

Lairian
My sphynx has recently started getting little blackheads on her chin and I wanted to know if anyone els has had this problem and what the best way to deal with them would be?

Thanks

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@KKristen61 my two boys have a lot of blackheads on their chins and tails. I clean their chin and tail with which hazel on a cottonball and the easy ones I pop (and the clean again with which hazel).

KKristen61

Lairian
@KKristen61 , here is a link where members also shared their experiences with blackheads as well as using witch hazel - amd exfoliarijg gloves during spa day
Search Results for Query: Blackheads | Sphynxlair

do you use plastic dishes? Sometimes new dishes , plastic dishes can be a culprit .
I have tried using exfoliating gloves when I bathe her and it gets some of them out but there are still 1 or 2 big ones on her chin that it doesn’t get. I use silk finger balls to get some out as well and it does pretty well but it doesn’t get all of them. I’m definitely going to try using witch hazel, I’ll also try switching out her dishes to see if that helps. It is a newer dish so that could be the culprit

Thank you

Back