Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitty Clothes vs The Husband

JacksMom

Banned
I'm not married but how in heck does a husband "forbid" his wife to do anything? Especially something like spending a couple of bucks on kitty clothes. It almost sounds like he's your father. Is he going to ground you next? hehhehe

You're the kind of husband I want! Ha!

JacksMom

Banned
Wow! And these closets! Why didn't I think of that...new years resolution here I come! I, too, am a little obsessed with buying Jack clothes. He has a rubbermaid box full under my bed and another box of stuff he's outgrown under the guest bed. I suppose a closet space is in order, if I can find it in my heart to give up some of MY space. :Wink:

Gizzymom

Banned
Wow! And these closets! Why didn't I think of that...new years resolution here I come! I, too, am a little obsessed with buying Jack clothes. He has a rubbermaid box full under my bed and another box of stuff he's outgrown under the guest bed. I suppose a closet space is in order, if I can find it in my heart to give up some of MY space. :Wink:

Come on, Kyleen... what WOULDN"T you do for little Jack??? :LOL:

I am guilty as well..:Wink:

JacksMom

Banned
I know, Jody! He's my spoiled rotten child! When friends or family come over and Jack begs for their food, my by jumping on their lap at the table or jumping on the table and trying to head-dive into their plate, my response is always the same "Jack, you need to pretend your a gentleman, and that I don't feed you from the table." Everyone always laughs...I think it lightens the mood or breaks the awkward silence of my four-legged child head-diving into their plate!

Jack and I stayed at my parent's house Christmas eve night and when I got out of the shower Christmas day, my parent's were telling me that when I went into the shower, Jack didn't see me leave the room and he cried and cried and cried and my dad said, "he's looking for his momma." I laughed because I know it to be true! When I walk out of a room here at my house, little guy cries like a crazy man when he doesn't know where I've gone! He cracks me up! He suffers from severe separation anxiety and is TOTALLY a momma's boy and I LOVE it and wouldn't change a thing!

Avasmommy

Lairian
I'm not married but how in heck does a husband "forbid" his wife to do anything? Especially something like spending a couple of bucks on kitty clothes. It almost sounds like he's your father. Is he going to ground you next? hehhehe

My husband is 110% against the fact of me getting a Sphynx. For some odd reason he thinks im only paying 500. I've got the payment down to about 900 right now. So needless to say he wont know the original price till hopefully NEVER! Any time I talk about getting a pet or something along thoes lines, he shoots it down. He dosnt see any reason why I need/want a pet. ect ect. Always WHY? What for? Too expensive. I dont like them. The hair, the noise, the vet bills. Blah blah blah. Some people are wired that way I guess. Funny thing is when he moved in with me I had 3 dogs. He didnt say a word.

susi794

Staff member
Nofuratu's Momma--will you turn one of the onesies you've altered inside out and post a pic of what you've done to it? I don't quite understand what you meant about the long stitch in the middle bringing the arms closer together. Thanks!
Susi and the gang

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu's Momma--will you turn one of the onesies you've altered inside out and post a pic of what you've done to it? I don't quite understand what you meant about the long stitch in the middle bringing the arms closer together. Thanks!
Susi and the gang

I will post a pic but maybe i can explain it better.
A regular human baby shirt has arm holes that go out sideways like a T shape which doesnt match our kitties whose legs are underneath them.
I take the side of the t shirt that doesnt have a cool picture or saying,
turn it inside out,
and in a line straight down the middle I "take it in" about an inch and cut off the excess. The same way you would "take in" a regular shirt or pants.
If you "take in" the part that covers your sphynx's tummy it causes the "arms" that were originally stuck out sideways, to be sucked in towards the center of the tummy more...
So the "arms" end up more underneath, instead of out sideways.
I will try to post a pic, but maybe that helped?
so you

ckutkuhn7

Banned
A regular human baby shirt has arm holes that go out sideways like a T shape which doesnt match our kitties whose legs are underneath them.
turn it inside out,
and in a line straight down the middle I "take it in" about an inch and cut off the excess. The same way you would "take in" a regular shirt or pants.
If you "take in" the part that covers your sphynx's tummy it causes the "arms" that were originally stuck out sideways, to be sucked in towards the center of the tummy more...
so you

I thought that was what you meant but didn't want to comment for you. Thats a great idea actually!

Shell_Baby

Lairian
turn it inside out,
so you

Great idea! Very helpful, especially when you can find onsies at about every garage sale around here in the spring! Thanks for sharing!!! :ThumbsUp:

Maua_Peterbald

Lairian
Ohhh, I am also getting more and more crazy about dressing Frodo up :Hysterical: In just two weeks there was the first sweater, the pink parka for christmas and I`ve ordered a customised fleece shirt with his name embroidered :Sweat:

Another reason why a Sphynx is better that a human baby - you may dress it if you want but you don`t have to !

Your wardrobes are awesome, why my flat is so small ???

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When I met my hubby I had already had Danser and Loki for quite a few years. I introduced them to him and then plainly told him that they were here before him and they would be here after him if he chose to leave.
Now after seven years and we have gotten two sphynxs together he is tucking them in at nite and loves them as much as I do.

My cats cost lots less than a baby and I would rather scoop litter boxes than change diapers.

Gizzymom

Banned
When I met my hubby I had already had Danser and Loki for quite a few years. I introduced them to him and then plainly told him that they were here before him and they would be here after him if he chose to leave.
Now after seven years and we have gotten two sphynxs together he is tucking them in at nite and loves them as much as I do.

My cats cost lots less than a baby and I would rather scoop litter boxes than change diapers.

I hear ya!!!!:ThumbsUp:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Trust me I've done the diapers (2 babies at once) and I'd take the litter box with Nudie's poop tail anytime:LOL::Hysterical:

harperc

Lairian
I admit we put clothes on Abby just to laugh at her. She walks crouched very close to the floor, like the clothes weigh 200 pounds and she can't fully stand up. A friend who is terrified of cats came over the other night. I assured her that Abby would not jump on her while she had her Santa dress on. What did the little turd do? Oh course she made a liar out of me and jumped on my friend!

Bwahahaha! That's typical of kid behavior, two or four legged.

harperc

Lairian

I think he is going to be gone soon... No one puts baby in a corner..lol Tough times right now but I think that I am doing the right thing.

harperc

Lairian
Take him to the store and show him how much human baby clothes cost..and diapers, strollers, cribs...etc....then tell him your biological clock is ticking! That'll shut him up!
My husband NEVER complains about me buying stuff for Nofuratu, clothes or accessories or travel stuff, even though we are a lower class family with 3 kids surviving on one income....
The deal was I get a Sphynx and buy cute outfits and dress it up and carry it around like a baby....OR
We spend thousands of dollars on fertility treatments so I can have my first human baby to add to our blended family of 3 kids from his previous marriage.
He had a vasectomy after his 3rd child for a reason...
He doesnt even flinch when I enter the pet section at wallmart...LOL

Nofuratu has a four foot long closet full of " pret a porter" and a large trunk full of fun "au couture" tee hee....
beats the alternative!

Also there is nothing wrong with soft paws, they are great...the cat doesnt even notice them.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

That is so true! :) You rock!!

Harry Spotter

Lairian
WE live in a cold climate and we do put sweaters on Harry and Fiona, not all the time but when its really cold. Fiona has a friday post on her blog, its her Friday Fashion and Chat, she has to have a urepretty fashion on. No one wants their furniture clawed , that would be nice to bring a cat to visit when you know they might claw and scratch furniture. Good Luck!

Harry Spotter

Lairian
Harry Spotter meant to say, he thinks you are the best dressed guy around and he loves all your manly fashions. He is thinks you are cool and very adventerous.

harperc

Lairian
My husband is 110% against the fact of me getting a Sphynx. For some odd reason he thinks im only paying 500. I've got the payment down to about 900 right now. So needless to say he wont know the original price till hopefully NEVER! Any time I talk about getting a pet or something along thoes lines, he shoots it down. He dosnt see any reason why I need/want a pet. ect ect. Always WHY? What for? Too expensive. I dont like them. The hair, the noise, the vet bills. Blah blah blah. Some people are wired that way I guess. Funny thing is when he moved in with me I had 3 dogs. He didnt say a word.

Funny how they are, right? Mine didn't want a pet, now he likes her and apparently "knows" what Chloe does and doesn't like better than me? I think not. :)

Back